My Sweetie Pie Died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
I noticed blood in her cage on thewood. It was dried and pretty substaintial. The vet said ifshe was eating, drinking and pooping and acting fine to bring her inTuesday (since it was Labor Day weekend).

She really seemed fine. I wasn't sure if maybe it was "thattime of the month" - I mean I never got her neutered. I havetwo other buns who never bled.

She was out exercising and having fun on Sunday and Monday - not acting strange.

Tuesday when I got home from work, I went outside to get her to go tothe vet and she was laying on her side. She was gone. The vetsaid she probably had cancer that was too far gone.

I miss her sweet face. She was a really good bunny.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.What a beautiful bunny.

Oh no! That'sreally horrible... Well, at least she led a good life andknew that you loved her. A part of her will always be withyou. Perhaps she'll be a guardian angel for you from nowon.

--Melissa and Umbra

Oh Dear Heart,

I'm so sorry. She sure couldn't've been loved more than she was.

Wasn't there a problem where you'd have to get rid of your bunniesbecause of a difficult situation? This is certainly no consolation, butI'm glad that she was with you up until the end.

Rabbits don't have menstrual periods. I'm glad she didn't suffer for a while.

Oh Foofoosmom1, I'm so sorry. I know how you loved her with all yourheart. I will pray for you and your children so that you can findcomfort during this difficult time.

Love,
-Carolyn

Thank you for your kind words Carolyn.I should have taken her immediately to the vet for an emergencyvisit. Even though the vet said it probably was toolate. I'm just surprised because outside of the blood, shewas fine. You know the vet charges $110.00 just for her tocome in for an emergency. Then everything else isextra. My cash flow is a little tight right now, so I tookher advice and waited. Now I wish I hadn't.

You were right about me having to find another home for them.I have not been successful. I'm glad that I was with Sweetieuntil the end.

Anyway, thanks again for your concern.

oh, oh, im so sorry. it's been said before, but there's nothing more to say. your story was so sad it made me cry.

i know how hard it is.

before i was very much experienced with rabbits, i had a bunny namedSealy B. All of my friends loved her, she instantly would lick them andbeg to be petted, even if she didn't know them very well. she loved tofollow me around the house everywhere, and to snuggle on my lap. all ofmy friends really wanted a rabbit, but there were no rabbit breeders orpet stores near by, as we had gotten Sealy in Grand Junction, a threehour drive. so we decided it would be fun to breed her because therewas another holland lop buck in the area. the first time she didn'ttake, but it worked the second time. on august 28 we had been home allday, then in the evening we left for a few hours. we came back, and shewas lying in the cage, with a baby half out and another on the floor,she was dead, her babies were dead. we buried her the next day, in hernest box with her two kits.

it was so terribly sad, i miss her so much. im sorry about your Sweetie Pie.

Searching for asilver lining here....I've always been told that cancer is very painfulin it's late stages, but SweetiePie was happy til the end. That mustmean something. If she was in pain she wouldn't have been eating ordrinking. She probably would have lost weight and shown other signs ofbeing sick and unhappy. But she didn't. She was happy and well loveduntil she fell asleep for the final time. Try to find a little bit ofpeace in that. We will be thinking of you.

Raspberry

Rasberry,

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts - Ididn't think of it that way. I mean she was eating anddrinking and pooping. And she would run around when I let herexercise. So she must of felt ok, right? I miss hersweet face. It's ironic because my other two always tried tofight with her and now it seems as though they miss her.Anyway, thanks again.

Back