My Son Will Soon Be On American Soil!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Some of you whoknow me best may have picked up on the fact that I've been glued to thecomputer the last two days!

I've been chatting with our sonand then got to talk to him on the phoneyesterday!

He flew out of Iraq yesterday and waslaying over in Kuwait. If all goes well he should be in the UnitedStates Of America withinhours! His time in the Marines is almost through. He should be able to be withus for the Holidays this year for the first time in threeyears! Thank you all so much for yourprayers andwords of kindness and support through his two tours in Falujah. It hasbeen a difficult time but your support has helped tremendously.

RaspberrySwirl

WOOHOO!!!!

I am SO happy for you!!!!!

**HUGE HUGS**

I can only imagine how worried you've been over him, and I rememberposts saying he was supposed to come home on more than one occasiononly to be pushed back. You must be hardly able to sit still right nowwith excitement.

When I was a kid, my oldest brother was in the Air Force and was gonefor ten years. I was able to go visit him twice in that time, once whenI was 14 and another time when I was 17. I will never forget my joy,and that of my family, when he was finally able to come home for good.I also know how worried we all were during war time, for he was in theservice during the Gulf War.

Truely, I am so very, very happy for you and your family right now, Raspberry. :)

Oh My! Oh My!!!! :dude:

I'm soooo happy! I was just thinking about this earlier today, howwe're getting to the end of September and no word. I'm praying still,Raspberry Swirl, and shall continue until I know he's back on our Land.

Thoughts and prayers still go out to those who's loved ones are continuing to serve.

I'm overjoyed for you! Now Brian will be in the pictures of you guyssnowboarding and sleeping on the floor with Sebastian and Company. HowWONDERFUL!!

Waiting to hear that he's here.

-Carolyn

Thanks all!

Nope Buck, he's through. Barring any moreunforeseen terrorist attacks or wars in the next 30-60 days I suppose.:shock:If I understand correctly he should be discharged orwhatever the heck you call it (his turn is over!) by the end of theyear. He has a lot of leave built up from being overseas for so long sohe gets to take it on the end of his duty. That's why he is supposed tobe home by Thanksgiving rather than at the end of the year. If all goesas planned...

Here is a photo of him and Sebastian'slittle girl from when he came home on leave for the first time afterthe war started. We had kept the yellow ribbon on the tree from the dayhe left until he came home to take it off himself. ;)
a14wg

Raspberry,

This just brings tears of joy to my eyes. With my husband inthe Air Force I also worry every day about what is happening overseasand I have been separated from him for a year before due to militaryservice. I know the worry and pain of seeing them leave andknowing they are gone. But I also know the extreme emotionalhigh from seeing him come home safe and sound. I salute yourson and all our military for having the strength and courage to do whatthey do... but I also salute their families. It is far fromeasy and I am so incredibly happy for you right now... give him a greatbig hug from all of us when you see him!

-Cheryl

I'm so glad your son is coming home!!!That is such wonderful news. Being a veteran, it does myheart good to see someones else home. My sister's fiance isthere and not due home until March, and many of my friends from my timein the Army are over there...I'm sure he is thrilled to be homefinally!!! ETSing (army term for ending a tour of duty and getting outpermanantly) is exciting after being away from family and civilianfriends for so long, especially being overseas.

What a wonderful day!!!

Dawn

I just sent him anemail with a link in it to thisthread. That way when he getsoff the plane and checks his mailhe will see the wonderfulthings that you all have been saying about him when you didn't evenknow him! :)

Latest posts

Back