My Runty

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
I'm gonna now tell you about my little Runty. Sheis such a tiny little thing. As you can tell from her namesheis the runt of the second litter. She was alway so small Ithought she may not make it. However, her belly was always full, butshe just wouldn't grow. She is the most cutest littlething.All the rest are twice the size of her, but she is the boss andisalways the first to the food bowl and the hay when I givethem a refill. They all will be going to their new homes very soon andto be honestI don't think I can part withher. Ifeel sheis still so far behind. I mightkeep hold ofher for an extra couple of weeks untilI am happy thatshehas caught up, or,I'm actually still persuadingRyan to let me keep her. He's having non of it, but I'm not gonna giveup.I'm going to post a pic on here very shortly so you cansee the difference between the largest one to her.

Watch this space, Runty WILL be mine LOL *evil plotting laugh starts*

Vickie

Hi Vickie, :dude:

Ryan can't make you think that he's that easy to just okay anotherrabbit. You'd be running him out of house and home with rabbits.

Keep up your begging; although I'm suspect Ryan knows Lil Runty is now a part of your family.

Ryan's Runty. Has a nice ring to it.

:)

-Carolyn

Hi all only Ryan,

Ryan's Runty eh? not too sure about that one but one things for sureCarolyn beggin aint gonna work!!! so ive put a compromise to her, if ican get a Ferret then she can have Runty, LOL we are gonna need abigger house at this rate!!!

DARNIT!!

I was afraid Ryan would see that one!!

-Carolyn

He'scomin round, Slowly.He's begging and begging for a Ferret,but I'm not so sure, I don't know anything about them. They are cutelittle things though. With two cats, three rabbits, tropical fish, aferret and Runty,I think Ryan can sleepoutside

Vickie

Ps Ryan is getting is own username to avoid confusion to who istalking. He loves this place as much as me:D

no fair! i want a ferret!! tell your hubby if hegets me a ferret he can come visit it ;-) i think you should get himthe ferret and keep Runty. The only thing with ferrets (and the reasonmy dad wont let me get one, besides the fact that i already have 4animals in my den) is that they are known to bite.

That is true but i have read up on that one andthey are the same as with all domesticated animals, there is always therisk they can bit, it just depends on how they are handled, and mainlybite when intimidated, scared or hurt.

and they are also known to nip as they are very hyperactive and will dothis to get attention and to be played with, but there are more knowncases of dog and cat bites than ferret bites :)

Ryan, just a quick question ... I think Iread somewhere that ferrets and bunnies shouldn't share the samehousehold because the ferret will attack the bunny. Have youread this anywhere or seen documentable evidence of this?

BunnyMommy wrote:
Ryan, just a quick question ... I think I readsomewhere that ferrets and bunnies shouldn't share the same householdbecause the ferret will attack the bunny. Have you read thisanywhere or seen documentable evidence of this?

Hmm good point BunnyMommy -I will have a look on the net nowand see what I can find. It says that cats and dogs are ok and theywill probably play - but I haven't read up on how they arewithrabbits.

Vickie

Ps - Didn't Buck look after a ferret for a short time? I might look through old posts and see what he posted.

Another:

Rodent Regrets
Ferrets are not a good match with pet mice, rats,gerbils, hamsters, sugar gliders, guinea pigs, chinchillas, andrabbits. Ferrets will give chase, and smaller rodents may get killed,even if by accident. If you wouldn’t let your pet cat play with yourhamster, don’t let your ferret, either. Larger rodents, such aschinchillas and rabbits, may not get killed, but become very stressed.Chinchillas in particular do not respond well to ferrets even being inthe same room or smelling ferrets on your skin or clothing. A stressedchinchilla may lose clumps of fur and not eat properly. Someferrets get along well with rabbits and guinea pigs, but many find itfun to “ride the rabbit” by chomping down on the rabbit’s neck andhanging on while the rabbit races around trying to get rid of therider. This behavior is instinctive, and related to how wild ferretcousins kill rabbits. The rabbits often run because they areinstinctively in fear of their lives. Rabbits may also defendthemselves with a strong kick that can break ferret bones, and caviescan pack a strong bite if defense is necessary. Even if nobody getshurt, I believe rodent interaction is too stressful for a preyanimal.

Source:http://www.cypresskeep.com/Ferretfiles/Roomies-FM.htm

My sister and Iroomed together in college (we're 13 months apart). She got a ferretand I got a rabbit at the same time. They were raised together withoutincident (the rabbit was always used to ferret scent being about).However, you'll notice in a pet store, if you hold a ferret and thenstick your hand in the rabbit pen, the rabbits will either scatter likewildfire or pounce at your hand. Normally, the 2 do not getalong.

Minda

BunnyMommy wrote:
Another:

Rodent Regrets
Ferrets are not a good match with pet mice, rats,gerbils, hamsters, sugar gliders, guinea pigs, chinchillas, andrabbits. Ferrets will give chase, and smaller rodents may get killed,even if by accident. If you wouldn’t let your pet cat play with yourhamster, don’t let your ferret, either. Larger rodents, such aschinchillas and rabbits, may not get killed, but become very stressed.Chinchillas in particular do not respond well to ferrets even being inthe same room or smelling ferrets on your skin or clothing. A stressedchinchilla may lose clumps of fur and not eat properly. Someferrets get along well with rabbits and guinea pigs, but many find itfun to “ride the rabbit” by chomping down on the rabbit’s neck andhanging on while the rabbit races around trying to get rid of therider. This behavior is instinctive, and related to how wild ferretcousins kill rabbits. The rabbits often run because they areinstinctively in fear of their lives. Rabbits may also defendthemselves with a strong kick that can break ferret bones, and caviescan pack a strong bite if defense is necessary. Even if nobody getshurt, I believe rodent interaction is too stressful for a preyanimal.

Source:http://www.cypresskeep.com/Ferretfiles/Roomies-FM.htm

ohdear we have some serious thinking to do. My rabbitshousesare kept outside but they are in a lot of the time.Ryan says the Ferret would only be out with him in a room on his own,but that is shocking to read! Thanks so much for looking for me - youragem

Vickie

You're so welcome, Vickie. Nottrying to discourage you in any way but just want to behelpful. It's best to avert a catastrophe if wecan. :)

Latest posts

Back