My Ruby Tuesday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
Ruby, from the day you came home I knew you were special. A Ruby is a precious stone and it fitted you so well because you will always be precious to me. There are so many times you reminded me of a puppy with your playfulness, binkying and racing about your run, slam dunking your treat ball, nearly knocking me over by running up to greet me, and the times you have winded me by jumping on my chest to see me. And yet you were so caring too, I always imagined you as such a wonderful caring motherly person if you were human. You were always taking care of me and Millie, your heart was always so full of love you wanted to share.

These last few weeks you haven't been you, and now I know why. You were sick - much sicker than anyone could have guessed. But I wont remember you that way, I'll remember you as the fun-loving bun you always were, who always loved life. Although I'll never forget seeing you for the last time, being taken away in your basket.:tears2:

You and Millie were 2 of a kind, so different, and yet two halves of a whole. I don'tthink if I know how to care for Millie now, how am I supposed to? She needs you Ruby, please stay with her in spirit, help her at this difficult time.

Ruby, these past couple of days have been horrible for you, and as much as it hurts that you aren't here I know that you aren't in pain any more, you are free. I'll always love you baby girl.....binkie free Xxxx

Ruby

15/8/2001 - 7/9/2007

Rubyrainbow.jpg

Oh, Ruby. I fell in love with you the first time I saw your picture and now you have left so soon.

I can tell you were the best little girl and Millie loved you so very much as did everyone else.

I'm happy you aren't suffering but I already miss you dearly myself.

Beautiful Girl-have fun over there, find Bun Bun, he'll show you what trouble you two can get into together. I will miss you sweetheart. Your mommy and sis will too, and they will love you forever...:rainbow:

bunnies049.jpg

:tears2::tears2::tears2:

I've never felt so devastated about the loss of a bunny from anyone on the forum. It's not a patch of course on what you're feeling Jess, but I daresay I'm not alone in grieving for Ruby too. Let me know if I can help - if you want to chat or anything just send me a note. :hug2:

Ruby - look out for your mama and your sister, they will both miss you so much. Like you said Jess, they were two halves of a whole, they just belonged together.

Have you brought Ruby home? If you have you should let Millie see her to say goodbye, I did that and I honestly think it helped them.

Binky free and healthy Ruby :rainbow:, your pain is all gone now. :big kiss:

Love from Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Maddie and Angel Bunny Berri

Thank you so much everyone.:cry4:You have no idea how much your words mean to me, it comforts me greatly that you loved Ruby too.

This is just so hard to take in, Ruby was so full of life - it's hard to believe she is dead.:tears2:I miss her so much already!

I would love to be able to make some memorial for her with picturesand videos- but I don't even know where to start.:?But I want something to remember her by, and to celebrate her life.:nerves1

Also for anybody who doesn't know - here is Ruby and Millie home thread:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15187&forum_id=6

And the thread following Ruby's illness :(

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=27092&forum_id=16

I almost didn't want to log in today and check this board because I was afraid I'd find this...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do understand what it is like to lose a beloved pet....I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I wish I had more words for you - but right now - words just feel so empty.

I think I'll just go cry.

Peg

So... so sorry. :cry1:

You did all you could, the doctor couldn't do any more, and the hardest thing was to let Ruby go.
Sending you prayers and hugs in your difficult time. :hug:
Binkie Free Ruby. :rabbithop

Rainbows :pink iris:

I am so sorry to hear this. :cry2I hope you know that you did the right thing. You put your feelings aside and did what was best for Ruby. :hug:

Binky Free and Breathe Easy Ruby.

~Star~

Oh God, Im just seeing this Jess. I am just speechless right now.

As others have said, Ruby was a special bunny to all of us. I cant imagine beautiful Millie without her other half. Your pictures of Ruby and Millie always brought a smile to my face- your beautful rexy girls playing in the sun.

Ruby's in the sun now, breathing free and shes watching over you and Millie. I hope it can give you some comfort knowing you did so much for her and gave her the most amazing life.

Give Millie a hug and lots of kisses from me. I hope she was able to say goodbye; shes going to be so lost without her sister. Maybe a stuffed animal would help her feel not so lonely right now.

Let us know if you need to talk, Jess. We're here for you.

Rest in peace Ruby, you were so special to all of us. :bunnyangel:

Oh my god NO!

Oh Jess I am so sorry, I can't even see right now I'm crying so hard.

Goodbye Ruby, I'll miss you.

My love to you and Millie.

Im so so sorry. I cant imagine what your going through. I wish I could write more, but if I wrote about how special Ruby was, it would practically be a novel.

I have tears streaming down my face. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Ruby, beautiful girl, you were so special. You mommy and sister love you so much. I can speak for everyone in saying that you so we special. We all love and miss you.

:rainbow:

Oh Sweet Ruby...you were loved by so many. You were one of the first buns I noticed on RO...and were the first beautiful representation of a castor rex I'd ever seen...and who better to introduce me to your breed and color's beauty?

What a stunning, sweet, lovely girl...I will miss hearing about you...

Binky free and healthy, Sweetheart...and yes, look after Millie...

:pink iris::rainbow:

Thank you so much everyone, I wish I could thank you all individually but it is hard enough to write this as it is.:tears2::hug2:

I thought I'd post just a few of many favourite pictures of Ruby - she was so photogenic, so beautiful...:cry4:

sleepyRubes.jpg

SleepyRubes.jpg

fdfbd775.jpg

LoppyearedRuby.jpg

RubywhisperingtoMillie.jpg

Rubyhoppinginsnow.jpg

Jess, I'm so sorry. You did everything possible for her. I look at Fey and Sprite and can't imagine them without each other. I hope Millie is ok. Give her a snuggle for me.

I'm sure Buck is taking very good care of Ruby right now, and she's doing binkies all over the Rainbow Bridge.

:hug::rainbow:

Back