My rescue bunny Crabtree

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heynow727

Reaction score
10 days ago i found this little girl all alone in a box while i was walking to the grocery store and had to take her in.

I took her to the vet and found out she was about a month old and other than being malnourished was in otherwise good condition. I've heard from multiple people that the odds of a bunny this young surviving without their mother are slim but i've been caring for her around the clock and she seems to be bouncy and happy and is a real cute thing filled with lots of love.

Here's Crabtree, hopefully i'll find all the answers to the questions i have (i've never been a bunny owner) on this forum.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

wow she is adorable..hopefully she is doin good. so young to be away from mom

she's just so tiny and adorable. We rescued Beth from a park--someone had dumped her out. She was probably six or seven weeks old and weighed 14 ounces. She's now over 5 years old and weighs 9 pounds. Want to wish you the best of luck on this journey--you now have a companion.

Man so cute!

How the hell do people just throw out living animals to die?

There's shelters everywhere! Desexing is so important. In a way i wish rabbits were not sold to public until after desexing.

Far out!

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Thats a rough way for a bunny to start life out, very cute though. Glad you found him/her.

I would suggest posting a question in the Infirmary section how what to feed the little one. A rabbits digestive system is very sensitive, too early to think, but I know there are some probiotics that the little bunner will need. Good Luck!

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

Here is link to the rules of the site, light reading Rabbits Online Forum Rules.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile withthe areayour in, may be likeNorth west Ohio, Canada, UK etc, that would help others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

If you would like to post pictures in your post this link How to put photo's in your posts will help explain that.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures and reading some stories.

Dave

hows the little girl doing today?

She's fine, woke up this morning and got her out of her cage ans she cuddled with me for awhile and then i fed her formula. Now she's running around the bedroom exploring

I'm so glad you've given her a chance to live! She doesn't look more than a couple of weeks old to me. Formula is good--I've been told that Multi-Milk and Fox Valley formulas are good ( http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=51530&forum_id=16c ). I would definitely give her some probiotics like Wabbitdad said. Bene-Bac is available at most pet stores, sometimes in the dog/cat section, and Probios is the horse equivalent, which you can find at farm supply stores. Can't wait to hear more about this little cutie!

Fancy77 wrote:
wow she is a peanut very cute
Do you think she is a "peanut" in the "she's cute and tiny" sense of the word, or in the "double dwarf gene" sense? She doesn't look like a double dwarf peanut to me, but i haven't seen a ton of them. I hope she's not actually a peanut. Carrying two copies of the dwarf gene (possible if both parents were dwarves) results in a baby that looks funny (big head in proportion to body) and dies at a very young age. Just want to make sure that's not what we're dealing with here.

If you mean "peanut" in the "adorable and tiny" sense, I agree totally.:biggrin2:

How precious! I can't believe someone would have just left her like that in a box to die. Poor girl, I hope she does okay, and congrats on your new baby :)I found my cat Jaxon at about 2 days old and he had to be bottle fed. I also had to help him go potty. I don't know how it is with baby bunnies, but I wish you the best of luck.

Oh she is adorable:inlove::inlove:

Just reading how cruel people can be sometimes really upsets me :tears2:

Thank goodness she has a nice safe and caring home now. I really hope that she comes on in leaps and bounds literally:pinkbouce:. She is soooo cute!

Please keep us informed on her progress,

Liz:)

Here are some new pictures of her from a few days ago. I have a few questions but i will put them in their proper sections on the forum.

13669_305982435493_680805493_946523.jpg

13669_305982420493_680805493_946523.jpg

13669_305982395493_680805493_946523.jpg

13669_305982380493_680805493_946523.jpg

tonyshuman wrote:
Fancy77 wrote:
wow she is a peanut very cute
Do you think she is a "peanut" in the "she's cute and tiny" sense of the word, or in the "double dwarf gene" sense? She doesn't look like a double dwarf peanut to me, but i haven't seen a ton of them. I hope she's not actually a peanut. Carrying two copies of the dwarf gene (possible if both parents were dwarves) results in a baby that looks funny (big head in proportion to body) and dies at a very young age. Just want to make sure that's not what we're dealing with here.

If you mean "peanut" in the "adorable and tiny" sense, I agree totally.:biggrin2:
So sorry Claire for not replying to you I had this as a watched topic, but 4 whatever reason it never came through my email.

But yes Peanut and in adorable. I didnt know there was another sense of the word when talking about rabbits. Gud 2 know!!!

Crabtree is looking good! Looks like she likes that formula.

No worries, Denise! I was just concerned she had some peanut features that I had missed and that it could be a health issue. ;)

Latest posts

Back