My Rabiit Loves to Thump!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nummy

Reaction score
:dutchWhat does all the thumping mean??? I ask this because I have looked up thumping on the internet and it explains that rabbits do it out of fear. I wonder if that is wrong information beacause Nummy seems to thump when he is playing too. Sometimes when I let him out for a run he will getall excited an circle my feet grunting and thumping. So what does this really mean?? Do rabbits thump for many reasons? Does anyone else have a recreational thumper?

Rabbits can thump for other reasons. How old is nummy? I see that he isn't neutered and that explains the circling/grunting. He is trying to mate with you. Midas used to do this all the time before he was neutered.. it could get dangerous! Its usually out of fear or annoyance. Although Midas seems to thump as soon as I'm in bed.. because he knows it will make me get up and come check on him. They are very smart :)

It sounds like Nummy LOVES you! He's excited to see you.

My bunnies will thump when upset, to get attention, or sometimes for no reason at all! Tony thumps when we cook bacon--he hates the noise and smell. Sometimes my bunnies will thump many times in a row and I don't know why. I assume that they must have heard something I couldn't--something far away or too high pitched for me to hear, and it bothered them. They also thump when I'm trying to catch them to put them to bed. I try to comfort them when they're thumping out of fear, and give them attention when they're thumping to get attention.

:inlove:Awww I am glad he loves me. I love him too very much. I find that Nummy thumps for many reasons. He has never become aggressive with me, he just circles and grunts thumps then runs really fast and binky's so high in the air. It makes me laugh when he gets that happy. He thumps at the cat too, and thumps for attention sometimes, and of course for no apparent reason. I laughed when you said yours thumps when you cook bacon! Now that is different lol.

Mine thumps when he's frustrated, like not being able to get to the female in her cage, or when he's annoyed, like after I've picked him up. Maybe they just thump because they want to? Also, if he's circling your feet, he may just want attention. If he is circling your feet and making noises, he may be trying to mate with you.

I think mating is on his mind most of the time lol! He will sometimes circle my feet just for play, but he usually comes over grunting and the whole nine yards! rofl!!

Latest posts

Back