My rabbit's poop is soft but I can't feel any gas in his stomach.I only gave him carrots and cabbage. What does this means?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done reading the part about their food. So I was doing it wrong from the start. I felt sorry for my Aegi he is my very first rabbit. Thank you for the info sir
Now that you have the correct information, make sure you transition your rabbit's diet slowly. Jumping immediately into feeding all new veggies can also cause an upset stomach.

Ah okay thank you. I’ve found a website that explains a rabbits diet and welfare, with the writer living in the Philippines.
Here is the link: BUNNY PH

It has a list of veterinarians and places where you can buy hay.
This is actually a very nice looking site and lots of information from experienced rabbit owners, thanks for posting it here!

Ah okay thank you. I’ve found a website that explains a rabbits diet and welfare, with the writer living in the Philippines.
Here is the link: BUNNY PH

It has a list of veterinarians and places where you can buy hay.

It is a nice looking site with plenty of good info. They also link to the House Rabbit Society and My House Rabbit.

Just be aware that their info on rabbit housing is well below the minimum recommended sizes. They did not follow the recommendations of their linked sites. :confused: (The cage they recommend for purchase is 2 sq ft!)

Thank you for all the suggestion guys. I woke up at dawn here in my country. I found him in his usual position seems relax when sleeping but I will not see him again running and licking me. I admit its my fault💔 I didnt know about those facts earlier. Its supposed to be his 3rd birthday this august. Next time I will get a pet. Ill make sure that I have my own work and funds for them. Now, its only my cat left. Its a big trauma for me.

Thank you

Thank you for all the suggestion guys. I woke up at dawn here in my country. I found him in his usual position seems relax when sleeping but I will not see him again running and licking me. I admit its my fault💔 I didnt know about those facts earlier. Its supposed to be his 3rd birthday this august. Next time I will get a pet. Ill make sure that I have my own work and funds for them. Now, its only my cat left. Its a big trauma for me.

Thank you
Aw, I’m sorry for your loss. 🧡

Thank you
I'm so sorry for your loss.

We're sorry to hear that. It's an amazing thing in its own rights that he was able to live so long with such a diet, but whenever you're ready to get a new bun you know how to do it right from the start.
I know how hard it is, losing a dear bun (or any other important pet) for such stupid reasons like not doing enough research. He could've been saved if he would've had a proper diet beforehand.
My boy Musti wouldn't've had to go if i'd done better vet research with my family.
But now it's the past and it cannot be changed. It is at times like these that we must take our losses and learn from our mistakes so that we may never put another soul through the same pain and agony that the unlucky pet before them had to experience.

And by "unlucky pet" i don't mean one that didn't get loved or cared for, or didn't get supported and treated when needed. By "unlucky" i meant the pet who, most likely, is a person's first pet of the same kind, with whom it is the highest chance of stuff going wrong.
Like you not knowing the proper diet for your first bun or me not knowing the perfect trusty savvy vet for my first bun. Whenever you get yourself a second bun you will surely know a better diet and with my new bun i know which vet to steer clear of.

It is hard for all of us to gain the needed exoerience through others' hurt if something goes wrong, but isn't that the case with almost everything?

Anyway, i am sincerely sorry for your loss and i hope that your next pets can live better lives as you gain experience of their care.

We're sorry to hear that. It's an amazing thing in its own rights that he was able to live so long with such a diet, but whenever you're ready to get a new bun you know how to do it right from the start.
I know how hard it is, losing a dear bun (or any other important pet) for such stupid reasons like not doing enough research. He could've been saved if he would've had a proper diet beforehand.
My boy Musti wouldn't've had to go if i'd done better vet research with my family.
But now it's the past and it cannot be changed. It is at times like these that we must take our losses and learn from our mistakes so that we may never put another soul through the same pain and agony that the unlucky pet before them had to experience.

And by "unlucky pet" i don't mean one that didn't get loved or cared for, or didn't get supported and treated when needed. By "unlucky" i meant the pet who, most likely, is a person's first pet of the same kind, with whom it is the highest chance of stuff going wrong.
Like you not knowing the proper diet for your first bun or me not knowing the perfect trusty savvy vet for my first bun. Whenever you get yourself a second bun you will surely know a better diet and with my new bun i know which vet to steer clear of.

It is hard for all of us to gain the needed exoerience through others' hurt if something goes wrong, but isn't that the case with almost everything?

Anyway, i am sincerely sorry for your loss and i hope that your next pets can live better lives as you gain experience of their care.
Thank you for this Ms. I will remember it all next time❤

So sorry for your loss. You only did what you knew. Don't feel bad. Just learn from the mistakes that were made. When you get another rabbit you can use your new knowledge.
Your bun sounds like he was extremely loved during your time with him. Hugs.

So sorry for your loss. You only did what you knew. Don't feel bad. Just learn from the mistakes that were made. When you get another rabbit you can use your new knowledge.
Your bun sounds like he was extremely loved during your time with him. Hugs.
thank youuu💕😊

I am so sorry for your loss. Now you will know in the future though and you will be able to care better for a pet, and that learning experience is enough to say that he will rest in peace.

I'm

Thank you
so sorry for you lost, my rabbits old diet is the same as yours: pellets, cabbage, carrots, and water spinach or kangkong. When I learned his feces aren't normal, I bought hay and wheatgrass for him and his poop is starting to get normal again, I hope you will recover from this trauma of yours, I know it's hard to lose a fur baby. 💔

I'm
so sorry for you lost, my rabbits old diet is the same as yours: pellets, cabbage, carrots, and water spinach or kangkong. When I learned his feces aren't normal, I bought hay and wheatgrass for him and his poop is starting to get normal again, I hope you will recover from this trauma of yours, I know it's hard to lose a fur baby. 💔 I'm also from the Philippines so it is hard to purchase hay.

You obviously love your rabbit and now that you have some information I'm sure you will make a great pet parent. Just keep learning about diet and also environment. Rabbits don't do well in the heat.

I'm so sorry for your loss! Feel free to ask lost of questions on here if you ever decide to get another rabbit.

Latest posts

Back