My rabbit's poop changed in size and I found a 'ball' near his stomach? Help? :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret12345

Reaction score
When he lies flat on the floor, I found something strange in the space between his stomach and his back. It is a bit like an egg. A bit soft..It is a bit like a soft plastic ball. The thing is inside my rabbit's body. I'm not sure if it's a part of his body or not? At least I've never found something like that before.

Also, his poop suddenly got smaller and darker. I checked his poop and its content is just like that of his healthy poops. Recently I gave him timothy hay that is softer than those he ate before. Is that the reason for his change of poop? Or that his change of poop is related to the thing I found near his stomach?

Aside from this, he drinks and eats well, and is as playful as he is as usual. I'm not sure if he's sick or not :/ Can anyone help? I'll be taking him to a vet but the veterinary nurse said the doctors will not be in the clinic until Friday..uggh

so you are feeling around the inside of your rabbits belly and have located a "lump". Your bunny is acting fine.

IF the poops are not significantly smaller, nothing to worry on.

That lump could be it's gut OR it's developing a gut/intestinal issue, could be where a blockage is.

You say your rabbit is acting fine, don't worry about it.

Thanks!

Well his poops got significantly smaller, but their size are normal now after I fed him a lot of extra hay. Does that mean my rabbit is fine?

You can actually palpate a kidney, it says here it can be palpated as a smooth bean shaped organ and moves. I post this because I can feel something like a bean in my rabbit, I thought it was a blockage but since it has been in the same place for several months - I think what I am feeling is a kidney so maybe that is the lump you are feeling. https://books.google.co.nz/books?id...onepage&q=palpate kidney rabbit organ&f=false

I think if your rabbit had a gut slow down you need to keep a close eye on him. Try to encourage extra water drinking to keep the gut well hydrated, I put pureed apple into my rabbits water bowl to do this. Also, extra greens dipped in water first would be good for him too. Also, brush him to keep him from ingesting hair when he grooms.

omg he's suddenly snoozing and moving around the cage fast. Is he feeling uncomfy or?

Latest posts

Back