my rabbit's breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Oxbow is probably one of the best brands you buy. I can't get it here but wish I could!

sharlene wrote:
Forgot to add...We don't eat rabbit meat here...
Someone must be eating it -- Singapore is a major importer of rabbitmeat. Since there is no export market in Singapore, it isdoubtful that you'd see many commercial facilities there.

Pam

We do?? I have never seen a restaurant selling rabbit meat.
My guess is that if they are imported live, that they arebeing used as lab rabbits...(We are developing very rapidly in thebiomedical sector....)
We eat croc, deer, beef, pork, chicken, ostrich etc...but rabbit meat......? Never seen it being served before....

From what i know, there is one rabbit "farm" It's more like a rabbit mill. However, the rabbits are all sold as pets.

Even rabbit fur is not all that common here...It's too hot to be wearing fur...

:pMight I kindly add that this hasbeen one interesting post! My goodness! I'velearned lots. Seriously, this has been intersting!:)

And BTW...just have to add my two cents, that bunny is definately alarge part Dutch...maybe not all Dutch, but I think y'all areright! Well, I KNOW y'all are right ;)

pamnock wrote:
sharlene wrote:
Forgot toadd...We don't eat rabbit meat here...
Someone must be eating it -- Singapore is a major importer of rabbitmeat. Since there is no export market in Singapore, it isdoubtful that you'd see many commercial facilities there.

Pam

i regreted posting this topic up and causing such a big fuss up here.. haha. letting everyone laugh off.

i didn't know tt singapore is a major importer of rabbit meat. and sofar, i haven met any stalls or places tt sold rabbit meat as foodyet. =]

but i guess in some labs in experiments.

sharlene wrote:
Dear all,

I am also from Singapore and would like to do some explaining.

I've noticed that Riyon constantly uses local slang like "shiok" and"alamak." I'll like to say that "shiok" actually means comfortable and"alamak" is actually OMG. "Lah" has no meaning.

Singapore used to be a British Colony. We were also a major tradingdestination. I believe that the local rabbits came about probablythrough the introduction of dutch rabbits in Singapore by either thebritish,americans or possibly spanish? Through inter breeding or shouldi term it as "messy breeding," the local rabbit was formed. My take isthat if a name really is needed, to describe it as a rabbit mutt.

Unfortunately, we do not have any rabbit shows here in singapore. Therabbit shows here are all for house bunnies and are mainly classifiedas "fattest bunny" whatsoever.

Sorry for bringing this topic up again...just felt so embarassed over the fuss that he/she kicked up.
sorry guys from other countries from using those slangs, couldn't help it!

and yes sharlene, i am really embarassed over this matter too.:)

I think it's primarily sold inrestaurants. I never see it here in the US either, but I doknow some grocery stores and restaurants market it.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Singapore is a major importer of rabbit meat.
Hello all,

Call me all the names you want. That will only shows how immature all of you are. :)

Pam, may i know where did you get this infomation? Care to prove it tome? I've been to Singapore several times and never did I see any stallsor restaurants selling rabbit meat.

[The 'local breed' in fact, don't have any scientific terms for it.'Local breed' is actually a cross breed.] This is extractedfromHRSS- House RabbitSocietySingapore

Christy

The derogitory type attitude you came in with on your first post is the reason people got upset....

Maybe you need to take a look at immaturity....

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
The derogitory type attitude you came in with on your firstpost is the reason people got upset....

How about the derogitory type attitude against the Singaporean?

Talking about immaturity

To my knowledge, where this person was from hadnothing to do with any of this....just the fact that everytime someonetried to offer helpthey were met with, well I know its notthat....well if so much was known...why were they here asking some ofthe experts that have answered only to be told they are wrong...(myselfNOT included in the "experts" comment)

christy wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Pam, may i know where did you get this infomation? Care to prove it tome? I've been to Singapore several times and never did I see any stallsor restaurants selling rabbit meat.

Christy
Hi Christy,

I have seen Singapore listed as a market for rabbit meat imports on a number of sites including this one:

http://agspsrv34.agric.wa.gov.au/agency/pubns/miscpubs/Mp9323/mp9323a.htm

The US produces over 35 thousand tons of rabbit meat per year, yet Inever see it for sale here either -- that doesn't mean it doesn't exist;)

Pam

christy wrote:
PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Thederogitory type attitude you came in with on your first post is thereason people got upset....

Talking about immaturity
I dont know where yougot your attitude from and whyyou would say Anyone was being derogitorytowards Singaporeans , IF YOUR lookingfor anything Race motivated friend go to adifferent board , EVERYONE here is treated thesame NO ONE person , race , preference or any otherthing you can think of is treated any different . Ifor one Dipise anything Racial Motivated , and Youjust brought it to the board , So now that you knowwhat I think and feel about it Ifyou should bring it up again I will askthat you be banned .

pamnock wrote:
christy wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Christy
Hi Christy,

I have seen Singapore listed as a market for rabbit meat imports on a number of sites including this one:

The US produces over 35 thousand tons of rabbit meat per year, yet Inever see it for sale here either -- that doesn't mean it doesn't exist;)

Pam
Hi Pam,

Thanks for providing the link, but the link did not show that Singapore is a major importer of rabbit meat.

Christy

gypsy wrote:
christy wrote:
PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Thederogitory type attitude you came in with on your first post is thereason people got upset....

Talking about immaturity
I dont know where yougot your attitude from and whyyou would say Anyone was being derogitorytowards Singaporeans , IF YOUR lookingfor anything Race motivated friend go to adifferent board , EVERYONE here is treated thesame NO ONE person , race , preference or any otherthing you can think of is treated any different . Ifor one Dipise anything Racial Motivated , and Youjust brought it to the board , So now that you knowwhat I think and feel about it Ifyou should bring it up again I will askthat you be banned .
Look, I came in here to verify that the 'local rabbits' in singapore isnot a dutch. From the previous posts, I can see that Riyon is trying totell all of you that her rabbit isn't a dutch breed but all of you turna deaf ear and the replies ain't friendly in any way. Most of you keepinsisting its a dutch breed. Which part of my first posthavea 'derogitory type attitude'
For your information,that is just your thinking, about mebeing arace motivated person. A wrong thinking I should say.

christy wrote:
pamnock wrote:
christy wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Christy
Hi Christy,

Pam
Hi Pam,

Thanks for providing the link, but the link did not show that Singapore is a major importer of rabbit meat.

Christy

The link showed a table withthe estimated amount of rabbitmeat imported. Another site listed a similar chart thatincluded Singapore and stated it was a list of the major meat importingcountries.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
christy wrote:
pamnock wrote:
christy wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Christy
Hi Christy,

Pam
Hi Pam,

Christy

The link showed a table withthe estimated amount of rabbitmeat imported. Another site listed a similar chart thatincluded Singapore and stated it was a list of the major meat importingcountries.

Pam
I've seen the table on the link. What puzzled me is, Singapore importsthe lowest amount of rabbit meat (20 tonnes)among all thecoutries in the table and you're saying Singapore is a major importer.if that is the case, how about those countries which import more tonnesof rabbit meat than Singapore?

Christy

Latest posts

Back