My Rabbits and Ramblings 2011 onwards

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]Happy Gotcha Day Georgia[/align]
Boy are you one lucky girl to have found your wonderful Mommie and Daddy.

I hope you got MANY treats today.

Did you get to play outside today too?

Hugs

Susan

We thank you :D

Susan, they all got their usual birthday treat of strawberries and banana. And yes, they all went outside. Actually Georgia scared us half to death as John couldn't find her when it was time to come in (he'd been out with them on his own for half an hour). So we were searching all over, and all the time she was just sitting there, watching us. She was among the bushes by the fence, and with her colouring, she was camouflaged :D.

Stan, it's thanks to you that we have Georgia at all :hug:

Bonnie and Georgia get along quite well now. Georgia is still a bit nervous, but Bonnie seems to sense that, and grooms her first. I think Jester is happy to get a break from being 'the man in charge' :p

Jan

Jan..............................................................................................................................

I think an update with pictures and stories is due in this Blog.:pinkelepht::pinkbouce::weee::yahoo::faint::wiggle:pleaseplease::bow:brat::purpletongue:waiting::waiting::ponder::dancingorig::dancingorig:

SOON.......

Susan:hug::hug2::hugsquish::feelbetter:

Thanks for asking, Susan and Peg :hug:.

I know, I'm terrible at keeping things updated :baghead. I will hopefully have some more photos by tomorrow.

Haven't had the bunnies outside too much - if it hasn't been the non-stop rain, it's been the plague of mosquitoes. Honestly, I've been eaten alive and have lost count of the bites. Unfortunately, I haven't built up a resistance to them yet (no mosquito problem in the UK), so they end up turning into huge, painful welts and my eyes started to itch too, so I'm taken allergy tablets. Only Shadow is really affected by mosquitoes - they tend to sit on his nose. I rubbed him with fresh lemon juice, which seemed to work, but he wasn't too happy when it came to cleaning himself :yuck

Actually, I've got a problem with Shadow, which I may put in another forum, but if any of you can help, please do. Over the past couple of months, he has started spraying - A LOT!! He sprays Georgia, he sprays when I bring his food, he sprays because it's Tuesday (you get the idea). He has never done this in the 4 1/2 years we've had him, and it's making John mad, plus I am fed up cleaning carpets etc. Could it be a medical thing, or just behavioral? He seems pretty much OK otherwise.

OK, I'm off to get my camera - which probably means the bunnies will go and hide somewhere :rollseyes

Jan

Hi Jan, sorry to hear about you mosquito issue. I guess I would have never thought twice about a mosquito bite because I live in Wisconsin, but now I really feel badly for you and what you have been going through this summer.

Is Shadow spraying mostly when he is around Georgia? My Patrick used to spray for Luna even though he was neutered at an early enough age. I didn't really think much of it until someone said something. But then I read in a magazine that boys could still spray out of excitement. Patrick must have been one happy boy everytime he saw his girls.... ;) His spraying drove me nuts also, but I never discovered a way to curb that behavior. Maybe someone else will have some advice.

Thanks Aaron. Actually the first couple of times we kissed her on the nose, she got that exact same look on her face. Kind of like "Uugghh, horrible human kisses :purpletongue":biggrin:

Janet, Shadow sprays both when Georgia is there, and also when she isn't. He is also chasing her a lot more - it's like he's forgotten he's neutered ;). If I didn't know better, I'd wonder if they'd 'grown back' lol.

Well, as promised, some new photos :)

Georgia normally sits in 'her' spot by the back fence, but there were a lot of mosquitoes, so she moved to a different part of the garden

BunniesandBackGarden12.jpg

BunniesandBackGarden13.jpg

Shadow still follows Bonnie around - he just seems in awe of her :D

BunniesandBackGarden24.jpg

"Ooohh, there she is, down there".

BunniesandBackGarden22.jpg

"OK. " Here I come"

Bonnie, trying to hide :D

BunniesandBackGarden20.jpg

And Jester and Bonnie together, before Jester decides the Great Outdoors is not for him.

BunniesandBackGarden44.jpg

BunniesandBackGarden41.jpg

BunniesandBackGarden42.jpg

BunniesandBackGarden48.jpg

Jan :)

Holy crap, 500 rabbits!? I don't think i have ever seen that many rabbits in 1 place before. Was it a rescue rabbit from one of the animal hoarders?

Shadow and Georgia are teh handsomest couple! ^.^

Hi Annette, Shadow and Georgia send Bunny kisses to thank you :biggrin:.

Yes, Jester was from a hoarders house. There were actually nearer 1000 rabbits in the house, and they were removed in several stages. Some others were actually adopted by other people on the forum (MyBabyBunnies has one called Chase). The owners had to be removed so the house could be cleaned as there was all kinds of bunny fur/droppings etc in the heating vents, and baseboards and other woodwork was all chewed. Lots of the bunnies had injuries - Jester was treated for a bite to his...ummm... 'Boy Bits' and also has a scar on his eye where he had been bitten :(

Jan

Oh, Jan! I laughed so hard at the new pictures of Shadow and Bonnie. Shadow looks like a peeping tom/stalker bunny and as if he's annoyed at you giving away his hiding spot! Naughty boy!

Your bunnies are all gorgeous :) Bon Bon looks like my Ned Ned. I like that you managed to actually have some visual diversity in your bunny bunch. I have 6 and somehow they're all white with spots... Ned and Kerensa have practically the same markings and Maximus is a cross between Phoebe Mae and Rory. Can't help it, I'm drawn to bunnies that look like my babies!

Shiloh - seems like we have the same 'taste' in bunnies lol!

Just a quick update. On August the 3rd, it was Jesters' 3 rd 'Gotcha' day. Of course, that meant he had his annual check up, which showed he had started a molar spur. So, tomorrow, he goes in for a molar trim. Although I trust my vet completely, I am still worried for my little boy :(. As I'm working in the morning, hubby will take him in for 8 am, and I'll collect him later. So, good thoughts and prayers would be appreciated!

All bunnies are doing great, although Shadow is STILL spraying at every chance he gets. I think I'll make him wear a diaper (just kidding ;)).

The mosquitoes have at last disappeared, though the leaves have already started to change colour, and fall off. Didn't seem to have much summer this year :confused2:.

I shall update tomorrow on Jester.

Jan

Send our best wishes to Jester and we all wish him good luck! I'm sure he'll do just fine!

Spraying is definitely no fun. Perhaps him and Jabberwocky could have a shooting distance contest ;)

We've noticed a drop of the mosquitos, but I don't blame them, mornings are starting to get a little chilly. Today was miserable down here, how was it in Edmonton? It seemed nice when we were up in St Albert a few days ago.

:pray:I am sure that Jester will do fine, but am sending good thoughts his way. Good thing the molar spurs were caught before they grew too long. Such a good bunny-mom you are. ;)

Thanks for the good thoughts, Amanda and Janet. They must have worked, as Jester is home and doing great :). I picked him up at 2.30 pm after the vet called and said he was eating and trying to destroy the cage :biggrin:.

He was a bit tired when he got home, and as Bonnie wanted to play, I pulled the gate closed in the cage between the two of them while I went shopping. When I got home, they had somehow manged to open it and were laying snuggled together - it was a real 'Awww' moment! Jester has eaten and is more lively now, and Bonnie is beyond happy to have 'her Boy' back again.

Amanda, I think Shadow could spray for Canada in an Olympic event, if they ever have one (perish the thought :yuck). Before I went to collect Jester, there was an ear piercing alarm in the house, and Bonnie hid while Shadow and Georgia upstairs were thumping and freaking out. I ran upstairs and found it was the CO2/gas detector we have, and instead of reading zero, it read 224 :shock:. I phoned John and told him there was no smell of gas or anything, so he said to unplug it, and replace it with one we have in the basement. When I took it out the socket, it was covered in pee stains. I reckon Shadow must have sprayed up a height and hit the detector, setting it off. It reset to zero straight away, so goodness knows how toxic bunny pee is ;)

So, all is well for now.

Thanks again

Jan

ps - It was quite chilly here this morning as well, Amanda, but is expected to warm up again for the weekend!

:bunnydance: Yeah for Jester!! Such a 'good' patient he is... ;)

Awe, I wish I could have seen the cuddle bunnies. I think that is one thing I miss the most; seeing my Patrick cuddled up with his girls, or at least with Luna his true love. You are so lucky that Bonnie bonded so easily. :D I would give just about anything to see 'awe' moments like that again. **Big sigh** I guess you might just have to post more cuddle-bun pics for me.... :p

Oh My Goodness Jan, these pictures are adorable. I love the one of Shadow on the deck peeking through the beams.

All your Bunnies are so Beautiful.

Glad to hear Jeaster is doing well.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back