My rabbit when it was small

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny Lover

Reaction score
this is my rabbit thumper she was a little baby here

she was about 2 months old

does anyone know what breed she is!!??

binkies will you ask your friends!!??

Celine:bunnydance:

Thumper is gorgeous!

She definitely looks like a dutch rabbit to me. The two in my avatar(basil and max) are also dutch. You can usually identify them by thedistinct mask-like markings.

They are one of my favorite breeds. Do you have more pics of her? Shes beautiful!

my aunt thought she was a dwarf rabbit butclearly not!! she's huge now!! as soon as i take more pics i'll sendthem. maybe tomorrow

here are pics taken this morning

plz excuse the arm in the pic

its my sisters she was trying to get thumper to look up!

Shes gorgeous!

Im not a breeder, but shes definitely a dutch. Shes probably puredutch, just with non-showable markings. I dont know if youve had a lookat some of the other bunnies on the site, but MyBoyHarper has a dutchboy (Harper) who is pure dutch, but his color comes up to the neck theway Thumper's does. (Ideally, that white part should meet the darkercolor around the midsection).

Shes gorgeous though!

Maybe a Dutch x Netherland Dwarfcross? That color isn't generally in the purebred Dutch genepools in the US, someone would have had to have crossed out to anotherbreed to get it.

Also remember that other genes as well as other breeds can produce similar coloration and pattern.

Below is actually a purebred Dwarf Hotot . . .

Wow thats very interesting, Pam! I cant believe that isnt a dutch in that pic^^

So, I thought Harper was purebred? Is that probably so bc of his color? But this one isnt bc of the grey color?

The gray color isn't a showable Dutch variety inthe US, and the shaded gene generally isn't in the Dutch genepools. Also, the Dutch have a distinct "flyback"coat (coarse coat with a lot of guard hairs) - many other smaller,similar breeds have rollback coats (except the Polish).

Pam

Hmm.... very interesting now i know who to go to for advice!!!!

:thanks:for everything everyone!!!!

Celine:bunny19

Latest posts

Back