My rabbit pees on my bed...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winggx

Reaction score
I put the rabbit's cage in my room, but most of the time, I left the cage door open so that my rabbit has more space.
I put fences in my room, so that the fenced up area is safe for my rabbit to explore.
Here is the problem, my rabbit likes to jump onto my bed and pee every single day.
Usually happens in the morning, like 6am
Are there any ways to prevent that? (Except putting her back into the cage?)

Look for something meant for babies: waterproof crib sheet or pad. However, if you want to stop it, put her in the cage for an hour every time she does it, until she learns not to do it.

Is she intacted? Because it sounds like she is claiming you as hers. Bunnies will do that. She loves you so she is peeing on your bed to say "You're mine".

This is nothing abnormal at all. She loves you. She trust you. She smells you on your bed and she know this is your spot. So she pees.

I have a Purebred Lion Head that makes it known I am his. He will mark right at my feet or if I'm sitting on the floor grooming him, he will pee right next to me.

Bunnies are doing this to be spiteful. It's just hardwired into them.

K:)

I'm with Karen. Scamper claimed my daughters bed and until we got him fixed we had this routine. Got her up, stripped bed, covered it in a shower curtain. At bed time took off the shower curtain and made bed. It stopped right after he was fixed.

ZRabbits wrote:
Is she intacted? Because it sounds like she is claiming you as hers. Bunnies will do that. She loves you so she is peeing on your bed to say "You're mine".

This is nothing abnormal at all. She loves you. She trust you. She smells you on your bed and she know this is your spot. So she pees.

I have a Purebred Lion Head that makes it known I am his. He will mark right at my feet or if I'm sitting on the floor grooming him, he will pee right next to me.

Bunnies are doing this to be spiteful. It's just hardwired into them.

Bunnies are NOT doing this to be spiteful. Sorry for the mistake. You can't edit after a certain time. Oh well. I'll blame it on lack of coffee. lol Better go get another cup!

I too had a bunny that did this. I had avinyl mattress cover (by the way, they are very practical for protecting the mattress but they trap body heat so it will make you reeeeally hot if you are someone that gets hot easily) and I also had an old blanket on top of the bed whenever the bun was out.

Like Zrabbits said, it's really not out of spite as much as it is about claiming you. It's normally not an issues when spayed/neutered.

Back