My rabbit keeps peeing on my bed and i dont know how to prevent it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coco125

Reaction score
He's been peeing and pooping on by bed ae can't just keep washing the bed covers so often if would be nice to give some tips

Occasionally it happens because bun needs to go potty and can't get to the litter box. So providing a litter box nearby can help with this. Most of the time it's the rabbit scent marking and marking territory.

Neutering sometimes will improve or fix this, but not usually. Sometimes putting a towel or blanket there with their scent already all over it, may stop additional scent marking, but most of the time not. In which case you would need to restrict access, or cover with a waterproof cover.

Rarely a rabbit can be taught to not do this with the right kind of consistent training and positive reinforcement. But usually they'll still try it when you're not looking :p

https://bunnyproof.com/stop-bunny-peeing-couch.html

In addition to what was mentioned above.
If the litterbox isn't to your rabbit's preferences (too small, far away, full etc) they will definetly let you know.
My rabbit, Storm, he would rarely wee on my bed. He only rage-peed when his litterbox was left uncleaned for a single moment longer than he thought was appropriate. Since he'd be unwilling to use the dirty loo, rather than doing it on the side, he came to me before pointedly going to my bed and taking a leak.
It's also true that neutering helps but won't always fix the issue after that. My first boy, Musti, he just liked digging on my bed and out of pleasure often left puddles for us to clean. Even after neutering, he kept doing it, though luckily not as often. One time, however, he did confuse my bed/wall gap for his toilet and let loose on the curtains.🤣 he looked so confused when i picked him away and grumbled about having to rearrange half the room so i could clean the wall and under-bed.
I just learned to live with the fact that i needed to change my sheets at least twice a week.
I'd reckon you'll find a way to block your bed from him or invest in a few pairs of waterproof bedsheets.

In addition to what was mentioned above.
If the litterbox isn't to your rabbit's preferences (too small, far away, full etc) they will definetly let you know.
My rabbit, Storm, he would rarely wee on my bed. He only rage-peed when his litterbox was left uncleaned for a single moment longer than he thought was appropriate. Since he'd be unwilling to use the dirty loo, rather than doing it on the side, he came to me before pointedly going to my bed and taking a leak.
It's also true that neutering helps but won't always fix the issue after that. My first boy, Musti, he just liked digging on my bed and out of pleasure often left puddles for us to clean. Even after neutering, he kept doing it, though luckily not as often. One time, however, he did confuse my bed/wall gap for his toilet and let loose on the curtains.🤣 he looked so confused when i picked him away and grumbled about having to rearrange half the room so i could clean the wall and under-bed.
I just learned to live with the fact that i needed to change my sheets at least twice a week.
I'd reckon you'll find a way to block your bed from him or invest in a few pairs of waterproof bedsheets.
His litter box is big and he has 2 litter boxes one is big other is kinda smaller and i just cleaned it yesterday and the litter box is right next to my bed so im sure thats not the problem

His litter box is big and he has 2 litter boxes one is big other is kinda smaller and i just cleaned it yesterday and the litter box is right next to my bed so im sure thats not the problem
Then as others have stated, you'll need to block him from getting on your bed.

Does your rabbit have space outside of your bedroom? The easiest is just to keep him out when you're not in there.

My buck's great, but I have to keep my doe out of my bedroom. She doesn't urinate on the bed, but underneath (despite the large, hay-filled litter box half a meter away).

Back