My rabbit is making squeaking sounds from her nose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexzendra

Reaction score
Okay so i been noticing some Squeaking sounds while my rabbit breathe, he's also grinding his teeth and having difficulty chewing.. he don't have any discharge from his nose.. The thing i'm concerned about is my rabbit having difficulty chewing.. He's also lethargic can anyone tell me what is wrong with him? I'm worried! does he have a blockage???? :( he don't always make a Squeaking noises.. He's sitting in a corner alone..

I would suggest a visit to the vet, he sounds like he is in pain. Is he pooping? If he is not, DO NOT DELAY IN GETTING HIM TO THE VET!!!!!!! Bunnies have very fast matabalisems and can go down hill in less then 24 hours

I would suggest a visit to the vet, he sounds like he is in pain. Is he pooping? If he is not, DO NOT DELAY IN GETTING HIM TO THE VET!!!!!!! Bunnies have very fast matabalisems and can go down hill in less then 24 hours

I took him to vet many times but they just can't help him Where i like all the vets are for dogs none for rabbits :((

So there are no bunny vets near you at all? Hmmm I don't think there is anything I can help with sorry. I hope he feels better soon

So there are no bunny vets near you at all? Hmmm I don't think there is anything I can help with sorry. I hope he feels better soon

I hope too :( The vet are trying to help him by giving some medicines and injection but it don't seem to be working.. :( tomorrow i'm going to get his teeth checked and if his teeths are fine then i'm going to get him x-rayed. Right now he's still sitting in a corner, hunched up.. :/

If he isn't pooping or eating, you need to get him to the vet today. Along with getting his teeth checked, the vet will need to check for a digestive blockage if he hasn't been pooping or eating. You will need pain medication for him to be given every day(a rabbit in pain won't eat on it's own), meloxicam is a common one given to rabbits. You may also need a gut stimulant like metoclopramide or cisapride.
http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medication/Safe_drugs_main.htm

Then if your rabbit isn't eating on his own or is not eating very much, you will need to syringe feed your rabbit either his pellet food softened with warm water, or something like Oxbow Critical Care(which you might be able to get from a vet), with an oral syringe every 3-4 hours. The amount depends on how big your rabbit is and how thick the mixture, but with a mixture with a pudding like consistency, you can feed about 5-7ml every kg of body weight. It is very important to force feed your rabbit food and water if he isn't eating on his own.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

You also need to check his ears and body to see if he seems cold, as rabbits in pain and not eating will often have a low body temperature. If he is cold you need to warm him up with warm towels, warm pack, or heating pad on low. Whatever you use, just make sure it isn't too hot either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back