My rabbit is a girl!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicapple

Reaction score
Today me and my friend was chating and we cameapon the topic of the genders of her pets. And then i asked her how doshe tell and she also told me that i shouldn't trust what the pet storetold me. So today i went home and checked a few pictures and i'm prettypositive that my rabbit is a girl.

Is there anything different from a boy rabbit and a girl rabbit's behavior?

Aww that's great magicapple! hehe i think most of ushad an idea ;)

She is such a pretty little thing!

Hmm give that gorgeous little nose a big long scratch for me?

cheryl

Greetings Magicapple! I don't havemuch to share, but one thing I will is that I have had 2 male rabbitsand 1 female. Both males I have had chew on their cage barswhen hungry or want attention, mostly want their pellets though,lol. My female has never done that so :dunno:. Asfar as I can tell, that's probably the only difference in the ones I'vehad. :D

You cant always go by the behavior but some doesmake nests(i once had a buck that made nests).some bucks spray ,mostdont.both males and females will mount other rabbits.although i haveonly seen males buzzing and circling my feet like they were courtingme.bluebird

Somehow I'm not surprised.;)

Behavior really depends on the individual. Obviously, yourbun's behavior will not change overnight just because you know she's agirl now. And I did have a girl who, before she was spayed,ran circles around my feet to claim me as her mate and sprayed urinelike a boy.

As for names, what about Dot or Dottie for her cute nose?

Well, she sure is cute! I have onethat was supposed to be a Fiona according to his previous owners, butwhen I made the discovery I changed his name to Pat. I veryrecently adopted a bun I thought to be a girl from shelter, but uponcloser inspection, I had adopted another boy!

As far as behavior, I think it depends on the bun. Mynastiest and friendliest buns were both female, and some of mine areterrible sprayers (all mine are intact).

Snuffles wrote:
Greetings Magicapple! I don't have much to share,but one thing I will is that I have had 2 male rabbits and 1female. Both males I have had chew on their cage bars whenhungry or want attention, mostly want their pellets though,lol. My female has never done that so :dunno:. Asfar as I can tell, that's probably the only difference in the ones I'vehad. :D
My cousins rabbit is a boy and he chews on EVERYTHING! My rabbits agirl and eats out plants but never chews on other objects, no idea ifthats gender related.

I have one male rabbit and one female rabbit. Mymale rabbit eats anything you push at his mouth, but the female rabbitis very different than that.

My female rabbit barely eats a thing, has this big scab that got healeda while ago, and she is so nervous and scared she scratched me threetimes.

She is a lot different than my other rabbits who all died, and she is very thin.

As I said, President busch E. tail (my female rabbit)has recovered. But the other rabbits I will never forget.

First, I had two rabbits namedFurball and Banneet. When myfamily left for a vacation in spain, we left Furball and Banneet to ourneighbors to take care of. Furball, who seemed to like my family verymuch,had a heart-attackwhen he got to theneighbors. Banneet was just fine.

So we got another bunny, Gandalf (AKA Gandalf the white) who was ratherferocious and such a bully he nearly killed a cat once. Banneet ranaway after a while, and we were stuckwith a furry bully whowas perfectly healthy until about three years later, when he died.

Now we have two cute little dwarf rabbits by the names of Presidentbusch E. tail (female) andMr. pope (male)(I'm notcatholic).

Latest posts

Back