My rabbit imitates me! I think?

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

I held off posting this before because it sounds like I'm making it up and crazy but I really am not and I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this or not!

Sophie imitates me.

Yes, it sounds insane but let me explain.

Sophie licks her lips after eating certain herbs and greens. Usually just a couple of licks then she's done. The last few days I've been imitating her licking her lips. She sees me doing this and I'm not kidding, it eggs her on to lick her own lips even more! I brushed it off initially for obvious reasons...like that's crazy thinking but she keeps doing it. The times when I don't lick my lips, she stops right away. It seems like too much of a coincidence.

Is this possible? I swear I'm really quite normal...well except for the acting like a rabbit thing..

The other thing she does is she stares at me and moves her mouth in a weird way like she's "mumbling", I don't know how else to describe it. When I imitate the mouth movement she does it back over and over again!

Anyone relate to this? Or should I put on my white jacket and hug myself?

I vote for white jacket but then I need one too because I have done things like that with my dog and my bun. My dog at times will wink. I kid you not. He does it quite often in my opinion so there are times I will wink back at him trying to see if he'll do it back. The results are not conclusive.

Have you seen this website?

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/rabbittalk_intro.html

There is a section where the author mentions moving her mouth as her rabbit wiggles his/her nose, and they end up wiggling in unison! Maybe it is something like that?

I have seen my boy bunny do some silly things, like dipping his paws in the water dish to bathe his face like a cat! They are very cat-like, in my opinion, after having many cats growing up & watching their behavior.

well peeta follows me around and likes to sit on the couch like hes a human but that's pretty much it at my house on imitating except when my dog winks I wink back too. id feel rude if I didn't.

You're not crazy...either that or I'm crazy too! Tippy does the mouth wiggling too. She also amps up her purring if I put my head on hers and "purr" at her when she's already purring.
Qtip also washes her face while I'm brushing my teeth (every time she's in the same room, as me, so at least a few times a week), so...yeah, they're imitating us.
I can just see them going "that stupid human thinks she's mimicking me. I'm just doing what she's doing!"

For the longest time I thought this post was titled, "My rabbit INTIMIDATES me!" ( oh my god I need glasses!XD) and from what I've seen they can be little copycats. Lewis was a very shy and well behaved bunny but when he met his cat brother Tommy he became a mischievous,cheeky,crafty little devil. I was kinda hoping that Lewis would turn Tommy but alas,things did not go according to plan!

Bev your post had me rolling. My dad seems to think that Criminal Minds is Franklins favorite show. Coincidentally that's my dads favorite show. Now Franklin likes to watch TV but he prefers to watch it from your lap and get a good rub down. My dad prefers to think it's because their soul mates. We'll join the white jacket party any day of the week!

LOL! Thanks for all the responses, glad I'm not crazy and alone XD! Well at least not alone lol...

I have to say, I never knew rabbits could be so utterly fascinating! Some of the things Sophie does are just hysterical:). I think that people who have rabbits in small cages and don't let them out will never experience any of the wonderful things they do.

Latest posts

Back