My Rabbit Ate My Cookie: How I Knew I Was Raising a Sugar Addict

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philososaurus

Reaction score
I think I've gotten my rabbit addicted to sugar. I recently moved from STL to NYC (woooo hoooo!) and I ran out of freeze dried strawberry treats (I LOVE Dr. Foster and Smith's collection of rabbit food and treats, btw) and had a few yogis left. I normally don't feed them to her since they are so high in sugar, but I wanted to make sure she had a positive move experience and I wanted to make sure I rewarded her for getting in her cage when told.

For awhile I was substituting treats with blueberries, but she lost interest since that's her favorite fruit to get with her meal.

Additionally, she reacts to the SOUND of the yogi treat container...

Anyways (this is when it gets funny), I was eating a cookie and texting (so my hands were tied and the cookie is just in my mouth) on my low sitting bed and the little rascal ran up on the bed, reached up, and took a bite ut of my cookie! What?!?!!!

I'm hoping I've deterred this behavior for good...

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

That is adorable. :D

I had a foster rabbit run up and eat some ketchup when I was having french fries.

That story is tre cute.

Had something similar happen to me... but with a cat... eating dinner at my table, and it consisted of chicken thighs. The cat got this amazing idea to reach his paw up, and grab whatever he could get, It so happened the thing that he got was a chicken thigh. But when he looked at it, he had no idea what to do with it. I think it shocked him that he got such a bountiful prize.... he has never done it since though.

Ha! For some reason these stories JUST reminded me of the time we had a cherry pie out on the counter.... the cat didn't just lick it... didn't just take a bite... she raaaaan onto the counter, slid across it, hopped IN the pie, and started eating it.

I am a representative for Nabisco and I had some Oreo Cakesters leftover from when I was giving out samples to the stores.

Sometimes I'll lay in bed and have one with my coffee and it never fails but Zeus will try to grab one from me.

He LOVES chocolate. He only gets the teeniest tiniest bite..usually because he's faster than I am before I remember he's there (usually I'm reading a book or something).

Fortunately - I'm almost out of the samples...

Latest posts

Back