My rabbit accidentally snipped my rabbits ear!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
So, today Truffles got castrated, and when I was on my way to collect him the vet rang and said that whilst she was taking off his cannula she accidentally snipped his ear with the scissors.
He now has to go back in tomorrow to get put under anaesthetic again so they can stitch it back up! (Which they have said I do NOT have to pay for) I paid them when they asked for payment for his castratio and meds as I felt I had to, but now I am wondering whether I should have had to pay and whether they should give me some money back? What are all your thoughts and opinions on this? I have added pics of his ear.

1400535412124.jpg

1400535422577.jpg

Poor bunny.

I don't really think you should have had to pay them because they made a mistake. However, you don't know if they have a bad financial situation or what. I would talk to them about it, but approach it with the benefit of the doubt.

Hard call, you could at least tell them you expect $20 off on your next vet visit because you had to take off from work and drive back and fourth.

You're talking about you paid for the castration, but are wondering whether you should have gotten a discount on that?

It's hard to say, you could ask for something if you like, however they didn't do anything wrong with his castration, that all went to plan, it's just they accidentally snipped his ear. Offering to fix that for free is the right thing for them to have done. The situation is a little upsetting, but from the standpoint of the original purpose of the operation, it all went to plan.

I am wondering whether it would be worth asking to get the £15 back for the pain meds at least, yes they are fixing it for free, but they shouldn't have made that mistake anyway and they shouldn't have to be fixing anything!
I am beginning to wonder whether they tried fixing it so I wouldn't notice as surely the IV would have been removed from his ear shortly after he came round from the op, whereas they called me at 4pm when I was on my way to collect him (about 5 hours after they initially rang me) and said they had tried to correct it with surgical glue but it hadn't worked so he will need more anaesthetic today to get it fixed, which will require more stress on him etc.

Latest posts

Back