My potbelly pig passed away

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbunnybun

Reaction score
On Dec.23rd we found my potbelly pig Daisy in a weird postition. We thought she was breathing but she wasnt. We dont know what she died of. It could of been something she ate. She was only 5 years old and i am not sure of their life expectency. Im 16 and lost a few pets in my life. But me and daisy were very close to each other. I played with her every day when i came home from school and on the weekends. She used to chase me around the backyard and stuff. She was a little on the fat side but healthy. Well... shes at the bridge:rainbow:. Does anyone have any sites that do free memorials for pets or where i could go to instead of petloss.com

I am so upset... please give me some advice on how to help me not be so upset. :tears2::tears2::(

so sorry for your loss. Crying is part of the grieving process. Sometimes you can help it by remembering the fun things, and what you loved about her, you c old also get a nice frame and put a picture that you loved of her in it, get something to put in the garden (when it warms up) and plant some flowers in your pigs memory. I too just recently lost a beloved pet and can tell you that there is no "proper" way to grieve, and when you feel like you are "ok" with things you will cry some more, but as the days go by it gets a little easier, and the hurt doesnt sting as much. You will never forget but it will get easier.

So sorry, I have also raised an mini potbelly pig and had to give him away.. He was such a cool pig.

I am so sorry to hear about your piggy - I have two myself and know they are special, intelligent pets with a lot of personality.

Losing any pet is tough. When I lost my Belgian draft mare from anterior enteritis back in 2004, it took me a while to get through it. She was only 7 and the veterinarian said it was rare for unstressed draft mares who never left the farm to get something that stressed racehorses often get from their lifestyle and high carb diets - Libby was not on that kind of diet so it was shocking and sudden.

I stil have her halter and she was buried on my property near a scrawny pine tree that is now growing beautifully - I trim it to keep it Christmas tree shaped.

Planting a garden where she is buried or a memorial garden for her is a nice tribute... in the cold weather it can be therapeutic to plan it out and decide what kinds of flowers you might want or if there were plants she liked, adding those.

Drs Foster and Smith's catalog has some very nice markers for pet memorials - that is another way to honor Daisy.

Local humane societies in your area may have pet grief workshops where you can go to talk about your loss - that can be therapeutic as well... that was helpful for me in coming to the realization that Libby was not a horse that died, but a horse who lived and made me happy.

Hugs:hug:
Denise

Latest posts

Back