my parents' puppy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunniekrissy

Reaction score
This is Maple, my parents' golden retriever puppy. (my husband and I currently live with my parents, so I see a lot of her and have gotten so attached!)

Here she is at 8 weeks when she first arrived.
HPIM0617.jpg

A little older:
HPIM0868.jpg

Now she is 4 and a half months:
HPIM1017.jpg

I have never had a dog before and now I know why people like them so much. Yes, they are a ton of work, but they command your love and attention in a very endearing way.

She's adorable! I'm a huge dog person (married to a steadfastly cat-only person :p ) and I'm really trying to convince the hubs that a dog would be great. It's unfortunate because my parents have about the dumbest (but sweetest!) dog EVER, and that's the dog he has the most contact with... Bene is not helping my cause. ;)

sharlaelizabeth wrote:
She's adorable! I'm a huge dog person (married to a steadfastly cat-only person :p ) and I'm really trying to convince the hubs that a dog would be great. It's unfortunate because my parents have about the dumbest (but sweetest!) dog EVER, and that's the dog he has the most contact with... Bene is not helping my cause. ;)

:shock: Same way with my boyfriend. Except it's his parents who have the dumb sweet dog.

My husband has never liked dogs either, because they bark, they are big enough to hurt you if they decided to, etc.

I'm afraid Maple isn't helping his opinion too much either! She can be a little difficult and has had a tendency to growl at you when you won't let her be up on the couch, etc. That behavior has fortunately disappeared though since we covered the couch temporarily in carpet runner. She also steals stuff off the counter if you leave the room for a minute. Mostly she loves attention and loves people though! My husband has been playing with her quite a bit, it's very possible that he actually likes her but just isn't admitting it yet :p

awwwww she is gorgeous!!!

She's beautiful! I have a 13 year old golden, Missy. We had to put her sister, Shadow down over the summer. I love the breed.
She has a cute name too.

She is gorgeus! I love dogs :) Have an Irish Jack Russell Terrier and an IJRT mix

Beautiful puppy! I always get a kick out of my pointer Charlie, I can go outside for 10 minutes and come back in and its like I've been gone a decade, he is so happy.

Beautiful. I have a 5y.o Golden Retriever too. He's the best.
I love the name :)

They're hard when they're little but, seriously all the ard work pays of imo.

Back