My own rabbit area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie

Reaction score
Sweetie is exploring her own rabbit area. I tore down the cage that I had Pudden in and made a little hidey out of the top half of the cage and the bottom half is going to be a dig box with hay in it. When I get the new hay, the old hay that I have will be in the blue cage bottom. Sweetie is going to be very spoiled, since she is an only bunny now. She is very happy. Going to get more toys for her when I get the money. Very happy she is enjoying herself and binkying.

1400980484104.jpg

1400980511070.jpg

Lots of space -- looks great.
Be careful about that cord -- she may chew it and get shocked. Might want to raise it higher or wrap it in a cord protector.

It already is raised up out of her reach. She is a good bunny. I just have to watch her so she doesn't tear up the carpet. I put some hay in the blue cage bottom and she has eaten the hay from there.

Right now, she is in her cage for the night and eating her hay in her ball and drinking her water. Oh right behind the pile on the right side of the gate in the top picture, is where the other water bottle is. There is two litter boxes, two water bottles, two igloos, three balls that she nudges, her cage, a toy in her cage that hangs with a bell on it, a couple old shirts, and a couple rugs. She is spoiled and will be spoiled more when I get some more money.

I like to place something on top of the cage since my rabbit limes to get up high and it helps to keep her feet from getting injured by the cage wire.here's what it looks like

1401174503308.jpg

1401174523983.jpg

1401174551667.jpg

Thank you for the idea. I may do that. Sweetie doesn't jump up on top of her cage yet but I will put something there just in case.

Yeah I didn't know my Lilith would be doing that until she did it without me placing anything on top and as soon as she got on she felt the discomfort of the wires.I like it too since you can have the hutch inside the NIC cage and yet use it for a second level.cleaning the hutch is easy too all I do is slide it out lol

Cool! Yeah I don't want Sweetie to get hurt in any way. I had a rabbit that got hurt from jumping from the top of the cage, he broke his back right leg and I had to take him to the emergency vet, cost me around $3,000 to get his leg fixed. I learned my lesson with that one. I always keep a very close eye on Sweetie and if something is wrong, I take her in to get checked. Prince, the white rabbit in my avatar is the one that broke the back right leg. He is no longer living, he passed away when he was 2 1/2 years old.

Sweetie's area is very similar to Jovis. We used an X-Pen folded in half as the barrier of her room. If you're worried about your carpet, we purchased a roll of thin indoor/outdoor carpet for about $20 from Home Depot to cover the vinyl in Jovi's room. It's more than enough for her area. We also used the remnants to protect corners from being chewed. It's good stuff :)

Jovi's Room at Robs House.jpg

Here is another pic of Sweetie's area: the new hay came today that I ordered last Thursday/ Friday. So I put the old hay, still in the box, in the rabbit area for her to go in and play. She is running around like crazy. I think she loves it. The table that was in there is outside, as the box with the hay that is left of the old wouldn't fit with the table in the rabbit area.

1401304924152.jpg

1401304938781.jpg

No doubt she loves it! That's binky space! :happyrabbit:

Yes indeed. I love it when she does binkyies. It is soooooo cute. She is a tiny lionhead mix and sooooo very cute. I melt every time I look at her.

Back