My one and a half year old Netherland dwarf has a small pimple like bump on her side!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakersdude16

Reaction score
i felt it and it didn't seem to bother her because she didn't flinch when I touched it. help please!:bambiandthumper

image.jpg

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I will reply, but I wonder if it could be a skin tag? My dog has some weird little growths near his armpits & the vet said they're just benign skin tags.

But it's always best to have a vet take a look. If it IS something bad the earlier it's caught the more successful the treatment is likely to be.

Good luck, & let us know how it goes!

Excuse me for sounding stupid but are you sure it's not a nipple? I've done the same thing before and when I was at the vet found out it was a nipple. I found it when she was laying down beside me and felt it...

Vanessa

Excuse me for sounding stupid but are you sure it's not a nipple? I've done the same thing before and when I was at the vet found out it was a nipple. I found it when she was laying down beside me and felt it...

Vanessa

Vanessa, to be honest that was my first thought too! :). That sure is what it looks like anyway....

I am also going to say that that looks like a nipple. But, that being said, it's hard to discern from the photo exactly where the "growth" is on her body. If it's something you've never noticed before and you are concerned, it may be wise to make an appointment to see the vet. Sure, if it is a nipple, you may feel silly. But, I'd prefer feeling silly than potentially missing something important. There are many things that lumps and bumps and growths can be. My opinion is generally "better safe than sorry."

Good luck and please let us know if you do decide to go to the vet. Hopefully, it is just a nipple or harmless growth. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Where on the body is it? It does look like a nipplem

Back