My new rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been to several photo gallery pages, but all of the NZ Whites are white. I have not seen one that looks like her. Does that mean anything? she weighs 11.5 pounds. Snow White weighs 12 pounds.

Don't worry about it.

I tried to figure out how to merge them for you, but couldn't. So I put out a plea to the other mods/admin.

Someone should be along shortly to merge them for you.

--Dawn

I can't tell for sure - but Shaggy is either otter or marten in coloring - when Pam comes back from shows this weekend - she could tell you if others can't.

Roxie is a Chinchilla - but i don't see any sport markings at all. They're supposed to have white near the nostrils.

Scamp is fawn - either a single-mane that has lost its mane or no mane (whcih technically isn't a lionhead then because to be considered a lionhead it must show a mane)....but that's another discussion..

Scooter is chestnut agouti.

I hope you're not planning on breeding the lionheads as they really aren't good quality (great for pets though!). I don't think I'd show them either as they really don't match the lionhead standard.

But I love lionheads as pets....and they're great for that. I'd just hate to see you start breeding them and then not be able to sell them because others have better quality, etc.

Peg

P.S. To find out more about lionheads and what they should look like:

http://www.lionhead.us <---the National club

http://www.lionheadrabbit.net <---the largest informative site on lionheads here in America

You know, whether I plan on breeding my Lionheads or not, your post was extremely rude. I don&#39;t know much about rabbits,but I do know about common courtesy and would never even consider telling someone their rabbits are not "quality" animals. My Lionheads are all babies (except Roxie) and you have no idea what their bloodlines are or what they will look like grown, groomed and set out for show. I have never been a member of a forum before, and if this is the kind of thing I have to look forward to, I think I will reconsider.

Hi Lisa,

Sorry &#39;bout that, I&#39;m sure TinysMom will apologize, but this section of the forum is generally a place where people post pics to get feedback on breeds, colours and type, so it&#39;s second nature to offer &#39;judging&#39; related comments here, I don&#39;t think TM noticed that you hadn&#39;t asked. ;)

We have Rabbitry members who show and even judge rabbits for ARBA,valuable commodities in a forum.

Again, sorry you were offended!

sas

I&#39;m sorry - I never meant to offend you...and rereading my post now I can see how it could have been taken that way. May I explain myself please?

Lionheads are one of those breeds that are in the development phase and they are "changing" or "evolving". The lionheads that were popular a year or two ago are an "older style" in looks and when they are put on the show table - they are frequently disqualified because they do not meet the "standard" for lionheads.

I just had someone here two days ago who had paid lots of money for lionheads and was continually having them disqualified. She was upset that she had spent lots of money buying "lionheads" (which they were) and then putting money into show fees, etc - only to have judges tear them apart.

When I said "quality" - I probably should have said, "Show quality"....because that was what I meant....that they would probably not do well at a show.

Also, as a lionhead breeder, my concern is that I have heard of many breeders on the East Coast area who have been sold lionheads by breeders getting out of them...they&#39;ve tried to breed them - and then they couldn&#39;t give them away because people wanted the "newer" style which is what ARBA is looking for.

So I guess I was concerned that you might try to breed these lionheads...and wind up with lionheads that you couldn&#39;t sell because of the competition for lionheads in your area.

I&#39;m sorry though. I honestly didn&#39;t mean to offend you and I apologize that I did so. When you posted in the breeder area - I just went into "breeder" mode of thinking and critiqueing and should have just posted the colors.

I will be PM&#39;ing you with an apology in case you don&#39;t get back to this thread - because I really am sorry. I honestly never meant the post the way it sounds - I was just in a hurry to answer your questions as I knew Pam, our color/breed expert was out of town for the weekend.

Peg

hello! my what cute buns you have!

here is my opinion:

snow white- looks like a NZ white

roo and cinderella- look like californians, not NZ white. . . the point markings rule them out as new zealands

velma- do you have a side veiw of her? i can&#39;t tell

shaggy- not sure if he is an otter or marten (i think martin), but he does carry the blue-eyed white gene(you can tell by his blue eye)

dora- do you know how much she weighs?

boots- looks like a mini lop, *might* be a holland lop. color is chestnut

roxie- i personally have no clue

scamp- fawn

scooter- chestnut

rex- blue

sandy- i don&#39;t know, i am not family with the dutch color varieties!

I accept your apology and your explanation. I originally posted in Introductions, and had a request for pictures. Was advised to post my pictures here so that the breed/color questions I had could get answered. I have no intention of showing or breeding my animals, I am the one who takes in all the strays in the county, and I&#39;m way too shy for showing. I just like to know everything I can about my animals, so when a friend or family asks, I don&#39;t sound ignorant, and so that they get the best care I can give them.

Here's some guesses on color and breeds.New Zealands only come in white, black andred. A common non-showable color ischestnut.Your's may be crosses, but Wheeze appears to be aCalifornian.

Snow White does look like a New Zealand White.

Roo - from the photo looks like a Rex coat? Maybe a Californian Rex, not a New Zealand.

Cinderella - maybe a Californian, but not a New Zealand

Velma looks likeblack or seal.

Shaggy may be a blue otter or blue silver marten. Is there any tan behind his neck?

Sandy is a steel.

Dora looks like a Holland Lop - the color is broken tortoise.

Boots might be a Mini Lop - color is Chestnut Agouti

Scamp looks fawn aka cream

Scooter is a Chestnut Agouti

Rex is blue

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Back