My New Job!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarzoo

Reaction score
I am so excited!

I got a new job! I am going to be working with horses at a beautiful farm. I wasn't sure if it would work out for me to take this job, because I have to move to work there and they weren't offering enough money to make it worth it for me. But, then they offered for me to live (for free!) on the property through January, and then a raise at that point! The farm is beautiful, over 300 acres and I am going to learn how to drive carriages! Lol!! I will be working with around 30 horses. Everything from Miniature horses up to Freisians. They had no problems with me bringing my dog and cat. I think there is a small barn next to the house I will be living in, so I might be able to bring the rabbits with me. If not, they will be living at my Dad's house (10 minutes away) for a few months. Though I will probably keep Styme inside with me since he's going on eleven. When I move off the property I will hopefully be able to move intoa house and the rabbits will all come with me at that point!

EEeeeeeee! I am on cloud nine!

The downside is I will have to move from the wonderful city I live in and leave my awesome roomates and very close friends. I will be a little over an hour away- which isn't horrible. But that's a big change when you are used to seeing someone every day. I will be closer to my family though, so that is nice.

:bunnydance:

Wow! Congratulations! That's aswome!

I love working around horses. I did a camp where you clean up after them, feed them, tack them, groom them ect. It was lots of fun(except for one of the helpers who always yelled at you).

It is sad to move away from your friends. I moved about a 15-20 minute drive from my friends, but they NEVER call or e-mail me:(

But family is just as important! And congrats again on your new job! Have fun, I know you will!:brownbunny

Whoa, missed this! :shock:

But hay, congrats! You'll be fantastic at it!:great:

Dream job, yes, but they'll be getting a dream employee! :hugsquish:

(Just don't be a stranger around here... ya here?)

sas :biggrin2:

Thanks, guys!!

I still plan on being pretty active on here- I just won't be able to sneak on during work hours anymore, lol!! I may have dial up for a few months- but hope to get back tohigh speed as soon as possible. (I haven't had dial up in 7 years! Ack!)

The farm is located in Weirsdale, FL. Here's the website: www.fcmr.org Isn't it gorgeous!? See that picture at the top of the page? I am going to have to wear top hats like those ladies on the back when we compete!! Haha! I am a jeans and t-shirt girl and now I have to wear fancy clothes like that, lol!! At least that won't be too often. :shock:

Congrats! Great job... sounds like my place... we drive our horses, and ours range literally from miniatures (11and 2or3 of them are pregnant)to Friesians (well, one Friesian so far) :)

Take pictures? :)

Jessi

I LOVE horses and please take pics of the Freisians! I think they are so beautiful!

Mini-horses can be nasty little creatures..... be careful not to let your guard down around them - they are still horses and horses with attitude!

You've insulted my 11 minis! Not a single nasty bone in their bodies, and 4 of them are stallions!

(said in fun, I'm not really insulted by you... just that I"ve NEVER met a nasty mini, and I literally know HUNDREDS!)

Jessi

Oh, boy! I do plan on taking plenty of pictures!! I will be sure to share them here. I think the farm has 6-10 Freisians, 2 Andalusians, Morgans, Arabians, several pony breeds, a Peruvian Paso, several sport horse crosses, etc... I think they keep around 30 finished carriage horses at any given time. But the numbers come and go. During the winter months they run a resort and the horse numbers increase by 90!! :shock:But their owners do all of their care.

I haven't had problems with Mini's attitudes- but ponies... they are a different story, lol!

Back