My new dalmaition mini rex boy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HayHey0248 wrote:

He was just doing some mini sprints from one end of his cage to the other and doing little 500's :D
You are making me feel old. lol

Rocky Raccoon was a Beatles about an underdog who survived.

So glad to hear about the mini sprints. That's excellent.

K :)

According to Wikipedia, other singers have recorded versions of the song. I never paid any attention to that particular song back in the day, & to me it always sounds like a cartoon character, like Deputy Dog. [edit: Dawg]

But ignore us old folks & call him what you wish.

Wow, cool looking bunny!

All of the behaviors you have described are normal for a bunny who is comfortable with his environment. Grooming is a normal, and frequent behavior. Rabbits groom a lot!

That picture you posted with him laying down, stretched out with his feet behind him is a particularly good indicator. A nervous rabbit will not splay out like that, but would instead have his feet tucked under him, ready to bolt.

Looks like you've got a nice set up for him. My only criticism is that the pen looks too short. He could jump out of that easily (looks like an 18 inch pen, my bunny could jump a pen twice that height).

Nice that he's already using the litter box. That was quite a challenge with my Zoomer. He found a favorite corner to "go" in, and we put a box there (with his swept up poop inside). But he just moved the box and did his business in the corner again. We anchored the box so he couldn't move it, and he just went in front of the box. So we put another box there (with more swept up poop inside), and he just moved that one. So we anchored that box down, and he went in front of the second box. So we got a third box, and anchored that down, and he finally figured out that we wanted him to go IN the box. LOL!

Congrats on your new companion.

Beautiful! Spotted critters are my favorite :inlove:

Chunk would be a cute name :)

I covered the xpen with that stuff you used to deter birds from your fruit tree's. So far it's working great.:)

He sat on my lap today! :D I opened one side of the pen and sat their just reading and he came up and explored myself then he let me give him a scratch between the ears which he liked.:)

Rockie is great name!

Just from the pick I thought of "Pirate" cuz of the patches of black around the eyes look like a pirate mask/patch.

'Shhh' He's sleeping...
DSCN24801-1.jpg

Love all the pictures of Rocky. So thrilled that you and your bunny are having such a good time together. They are neat to watch, aren't they?

BTW, mine love to watch the Harry Potter series. No joke, seriously. We are actually waiting for them to request popcorn when we put these movies in. Must be something in the image changing that attracts them. But they will all sit there and watch the movies with us.

K :)

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Looks like you have a very happy contented bunny, what a cutie.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Thanks guys. :) Yesterday i saw him do his first binkeys. We let him out in the lounge room after proofing it and he had a blast, stretching his legs and flying around!:D

Back