My new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwantatwinkie

Reaction score
I just bought a mini rex last night. 2 questions.First, at what age can they eat veggies and fruits? Second, Since Ihave had him I can't find any droppings in his cage. I know he iseating, could it be because he is nervous? He has urinated. Thanks.

Congratulations!

1) How old are they?

2) Veggies and Fruit can give them soft stools, I'd keep them on therabbit pellets because they need a lot of the protein, nutrients,fiber, and vitamins that are in there. Generally you shouldrefrain from giving greens, etc., to baby bunnies for the first fewmonths as their systems are very sensitive.

3) Keep an eye on the poops. Once they come, they don't stop! Theymight be nervous, but they should poop just fine especially if givenTimothy Hay.

-Carolyn

My mini is only a month old. He is just eatingpellets and alfalfa hay. I think he is too young for fruits and vegies.Still no poop.

A month, as in 4 weeks? I thought that was WAY toearly to take them, I thought they were supposed to be with their momuntil at least 6 weeks, but the best was 8 weeks?

The lady I bought him from, who is the mostreputable breeder in town, said that a month was fine for them becausehe was a hog. She has a huge success ratio so I believed her eventhough it does sound young. She is drinking and eating the hay but I'mnot sure about the pellets. She seems healthy other than not pooping.He was out running the living room tonight. Exploring his new home.

Megan was 6 weeks when I got her, and Peppy was 4months when I got him (yes he was still in the Pet Store and he wasFREE! and I rescued him lol)

Megan poops a lot, while Peppy doesn't, but he pee's more than her! lol

HiIwantatwinkie,

How's it going with your little one? I've missed your comments.

-Carolyn

Hey Carolyn, thanks for asking. I still checkthis site about 3 times a day. I just haven't had to ask anythingbecause someone else always does. You have all helped me somuch and I appreciate it. Ozzy is doing good. He is about 4 1/2 monthsold now. He has grown so much. He has gotten quite the attitude also.If he don't get his way he thumps nonstop. He is my baby though. Thanks.

Chris

I see you check the site, and I miss yourinput. Was hoping that it wasn't for any particular reasonthat you don't jump in.

So glad to hear Ozzy's doing well and had formed a strong mind of hisown. Amazing how they really do think of themselves as ourRulers, isn't it?!

Hope to hear more from you in the future. I'm so glad you're still around. :)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back