My new addition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amdfarm wrote:
:( Yeah, I know, it's not going to happen, even if I stretch them out! LOL

The 2 little ones I had, I haven't measured ears yet b/c I pretty much know they wont make it =( Too bad they can't be stretched. Would be much easier. I'll be at my mothers tonight and plan to finally measure. And then comes the big choice of keeping her as a breeder or selling =/

Yes, stretching would make it easier. She has everything else going for her BUT the ear length! I was told she should make an excellent brood doe though when put w/ a buck w/ super ear length! Like 25-27" or more if I could find one. Her pedigree is full loooong ears, so not sure why she didn't get them. She was raised inside also.

I measured mine and she is just over 20. UGGGSS frustraiting. I sold one doe whose ears didn't make it. I'm actually debating to keep marcie and use her as a brood doe or not.

And I have yet to see ears that long lol. I dunno how many elop breeders go on about 28inch long ears... and the longest they all show pictures of is like 26 lol.

If their ears are thicker where they are shorter, that may be a good point to add in or consider.

Back