My new addition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amdfarm

Reaction score
After searching for over a month, I finally found what I'd been looking for and she happened to be set up right next to us at the show yesterday!! Tickled pink for sure.

So, I introduce Lilly. 10 week old broken black ELOP doe. :biggrin2:

IMG952011041795153415.jpg

Me and Lilly! Happy belated Birthday to me! :D

IMG952011041795153522.jpg

I just adore her!! So very sweet, handled from birth by kids and adults. She's got a very nice pedigree, as well. Can't wait to get her on the table. I plan to breed her eventually, probably February of next year. Her BF is out of state.

Enjoy! Will try and get some better pics of her once she's settled in more.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

OMG - I'm in love.

Be prepared for a change though.

Flemish are awesome - sweet - gentle - loving.

E-lops are mischief in bunny form. Honestly. My e-lop doe that has had head tilt (and still shows it when she's tired) - gets into more mischief than any five flemish combined.

She's cute, They are cute in real life. My aunt son in law almost got one at the last show.

Look at the ears! How cute! :inlove:

I think there is something to the floppy ears that makes a bunny want to get into trouble. My mini lop snatched her dad's (my husbnad's) work paper last night and hid it in her house. He wasn't getting that back for anything! LOL

Peg... yes I know they're very different personality wise. I love it!! I'll always love my flemish though. I will focus on Flemish more than Elops.

Average weight for an Elop is about 10lbs. They have no max weight for showing if I remember right. I know Flops don't.

Neat! I didn't realize they were so big either, it's been a while since I've seen one in person.

Lindy->...LOL!!!! Oh boy no telling what idea, now your making my brain hurt trying to figure it out. :p

Just wait til my Flemish babies get to be 10 weeks. Can you imagine? They're about half her size now. LOL They're averaging around 2.5-3lbs each right now. :D We put them on the scale at the show for fun.

They're not a small rabbit per say, but they're smaller than the Flemish which is what I wanted.

rtvarnell wrote:
My 10 week old Elop is no where that big. Maybe 10 Months??
She said the AVERAGE weight of an ELop is 10 pounds....not that this one was...

Lilly is 10 weeks and I'm guessing in the 3-4 lb range right now. She's not very heavy yet.

Yes, adults average around 10 lbs. Heaviest in her pedigree is a little over 11 lbs.

Thanks, Peg!

Latest posts

Back