My Mom Passed Away Tonight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know my Mom passed away this evening.

For the past few years she has suffered from alzhimers (sp?) such a horrible disease. The unfortunate thing is because of my 2 car accidents I was unable to get up to see her while she was still alive. This will haunt me till the day I see her again at the Rainbow Bridge.

She is now with my Father looking down on all of us.

Susan:bunnyangel2:

I'm so very sorry Susan. I lost my mom over six years ago. Please just remember she is free now, without pain, safe and with your dad. It doesn't make the loss any less difficult though. I am sorry :hug:

Susan, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart aches for you. My mom passed away 5 years ago from advanced Alzheimers. It is a horrible disease I wasn't able to go see her at the end either because I had just been diagnosed with cancer and needed surgery immediately. May your happy memories of better times be with you.

Ann

I'm sorry for you loss. Please, though, don't let it haunt you about not being able to go see her- You couldn't, it's not like you just "never had the time"

If you need someone to talk to, I'll listen.

Oh Susan, I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say as you must be feeling just awful. We're here for you. Please take care, and feel free to pm me anytime. It's good she is with your dad now. They are happy together again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I knew what to say. I'm sure that you mom knew in her heart of hearts that you loved her.

Maybe go hug a bunny and cry into their fur? I love crying into bunnies....somehow the fact that they don't say anything back and just tolerate it - really helps me calm down.

Oh, Susan I am so very very sorry. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose your parents.

Alzheimer's is such a horrible condition that in some way, maybe you weren't supposed to go see her - maybe the loss of who she was would have been too much to deal with and that, infact, would have haunted you more. Try to hold onto the good memories and let go of the things you cannot change that happened.

As a mom, I wouldn't want my children to see me in the state of confusion that most alzheimer patients suffer. She knows now - that's the important thing.

Oh, Susan, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Alzheimer's is such a terrible disease and is so heartbreaking. Please try not to beat yourself up about not being able to see your mom before she passed. Life gets in the way sometimes, but she knows you loved her. You may not have been physically present, but even beneath the guise of Alzheimer's you were in her heart. Please be gentle with yourself...

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss :pink iris:.

Back