My Mini Rex Doe Is Aggressive

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacygirl

Reaction score
Hello I got a show rabbit a mini rex doe. She is 3 years old. I can not get her fix because you can not show altered rabbit. She used to be nice and now turn into Mr Hyde. What should I do?

Hi There,

Is she spayed? Mine arnt and are VERY agressive and territorial it tends to be the older doe more than any of the others, andshe isabout 3too.I have a few scars from the little Buggers;)

I am told that getting them spayed reduces aggresstion(Sp) towards you and or other bunnies:)

Sounds like a normal, mature, hormonal doe.

If she is a good, show quality doe of a mature age and you were planning on breeding her to a good quality mini rex buck, she may calm down once she is bred. If you aren't wanting to breed her yet you can try to find out why she is being so aggressive. Most does are very territorial.Does like to have their own space and will defend it.

How is she being aggressive to you? (for example, lunging, biting, growling, etc...)

She is wanting to be bred I'm guessing...or if you've bred her - she is bred.

Has she had babies before? I don't know that I would breed a 3 year old doe for the first time - I think they're supposed to be bred before they are a year old.

But this is the time of year when my does are all angry and grumpy because they want to breed - it is nature telling them that it is spring time.

Peg

p.s. Once my does are bred - they're happy again - till they have their babies and the protective instinct kicks in.

Latest posts

Back