My little family!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fribble2110

Reaction score
Well hello there! My name is brittney and i decided to make a little blog about my crazy life involving my furr babies! ( I want to apologize for the large photos i dont know how to resize them :p :p
Well im 22 years old, im relitively new to the whole rabbit sence. It all started with my first little boy fribble, then my first little lady trudy, and now i have my foster baby Rhea! I will be honest i was never really involved in my rabbits life besides the daily treats "ohhh your just sooo cuteeeee i love you!" and letting them hop around. I had to make a big decision in Febuary that has changed my life forever. Ever since that i have been even more involved with my animals! They love it because now they are spoiled even more! Well enough about me! Lets go to my furr and fin babies :p

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

First is my dog Buddy. I call him my old man puppy he is 11 years young and i love him to death! He is sick though. He has seizures and is on medication for it, but every once in a while he will have break through seizures. :( We almost had to put him down in March because he had like 14 seizures in 2 days. My dad saw how upset i was, first i had to make a life changing choice and now im loosing the only "person" that knew my true feelings. My dad said unless we have to, we wont put him down. Two emergency trips later he is back and doing well! He is definetly a fighter and im so glad my dad gave him that choice to keep fighting <3

199479_1007927405760_1452196768_13705_2398_n.jpg

198935_1007927045751_1452196768_13704_3803_n.jpg

Next is my bratty horse Dancer. She is truly my best friend, i love her to bits! Even though she is mean and violent and cruel i love her anyways! At the barn she has the name "devils spawn" because thats quiet frankly what she is. We switched barns and not even being there for 2 months she decided who she liked and didnt like. Well needless to say the people she didnt like had to stay away! She attacked some girl and gave her stiches >.< I constantly remind her how lucky she is to have me! She would be dog food right now if i didnt buy her. She is truly the best horse ever being riden. I trust her with my life. She is a little 14.3 pony and can jump 3 ft with ease and she loves it! Thats her favorite. I couldnt ask for a more honest horse over fences!

009.jpg

Next is my baby boy Fribble! He was the one that started it all! I had a guinea pig for 9 years and i lost him 2 years ago. I was at a local pet store and i have a habit of looking at all the animals while im there. Then i look at a giant pen on the floor and saw him hoping around throwing his toys i instantly fell in love! Needless to say he has been with me ever since! He is shy but loves to play tag. If you just stand there he will come running up to you doing binkies and running around but as soon as you bend down to touch him he takes off like a bullet, this will happen for the next 10 minutes or so till he gets tired and cuddles with Buddy!

015.jpg

Next is my princess Trudy. She is cruently in the bratty stage and is super independant. She would much rather be left alone then bothered with. She just wants to do her own thing and be done with it. She LOVES to be outside, actually as im typing this it will be her first night outside! EEK! dont worry that puppy is sealed up good! My little baby is all grown up! The only reason i got her was because im boyfriend thought she looked like a lion and he NEEDED her, but didnt want to take care of it, sooo he gave her to me. i didnt mind!! I love her!

013.jpg

Now for my newest addition is my darling Rhea! She is actually a foster i have had her for about 2 weeks now and things have been very slow with her but making progress! She was rescued from an elderly lady that started off with 2 rabbits and ended up with atleast 30 :(. I felt so bad i had to give her a chance! She is extremely shy but we are working on it! She doesnt run to the back of the cage when i call her name or try and pet her anymore. Im still trying to figure out her favorite food, so i can use that to help me work with her. I have kept things relitively calm with her, only handling her for a while a day, petting her while im in her cage and talking to her! seems to be working! She gets to play on my bed while fribble is playing on the floor and boyyy does she have the hots for him. All she does is stare at him with those googly eyes of hers! She is getting fixed in June and he is getting fixed on friday so hopefully they will become lovers and i get to keep her! :p I have learned that she loves to be held like a baby. I was clipping her nails and she fell right asleep. She is such a good girl and is starting to get curious of everything around her! :p

006.jpg

Im sorry its such a grummy photo of the pond! I lost all the ones i had from last summer! But i guess we can do a before and after photo! :p EEEK! i love that thing! Its about 4 feet long 3 feet wide and 5 feet deep! It has some pretty big koi in it and also some goldfish! The thing is my baby! I cant wait to get her lookin pretty this summer again!!

003-1.jpg

Last but not least is my Black moor Archie. The only reason i bought him is because, well look at him! He is so cool looking! I work at petsmart so i was able to hold him till the tank was all set and he has been with me ever since! I think he is dumb though.. but thats a whole other story!!

Well i hope you enjoyed hearing about myself and my little babies! I hope to try and post every day!

Thanks for showing us your not-so-little family.

I was scrolling down & when I saw the top of the pond vegetation, I thought for a second that you had a porcupine, lol.

Awesome! Your family looks amazing. Trudy is quite the looker :D Fribble looks like a short haired version of my Molly :)

Buddy sounds like quite the wonder dog!

Can't wait to see more blog updates! Woo!

I have goldfish too. They're my babies. 2 of them are bonded black moors. :p

LakeCondo wrote:
Thanks for showing us your not-so-little family.

I was scrolling down & when I saw the top of the pond vegetation, I thought for a second that you had a porcupine, lol.

Bwhahahaha! So did I! No joke! :laugh:

All of your pets are cute, but Trudy is my favorite! :inlove:

thank you everyone! I had to scroll up and i looked at the plant and i giggled it does!

@abeautiful- I do! well i do both :p she is quiet the wonder pony!

@arden- She is a brat :p I love her to death though!

So the other night Rhea was making ALOT of noise, and i was like hmm maybe she is just starting to comfortable with me here, so i look over.. now keep in mind this is at like 3 am. I look over at her and see her pacing back and forth in her cage so i was talking to her telling her its ok... Then i see this large thing in the corner.. i thought it was a racoon! i was like oh great i have this rabid animal in my room. So I turn the light on.. not a rabid animal but it was TRUDY! She managed to open her door on her cage and went and investigated Rhea.. as soon as i was like TRUDY then some choice words. She was staring at me like MOM WHO IS THIS! WHY IS SHE HERE! IM SUPPOST TO BE YOUR ONLY PRINCESS! She was so angry with me! I picked her up to put her back in her cage and she threw a fit! I felt so bad! No trudy is extremely angry with me and wants to be left alone :p

fribble2110 wrote:
@abeautiful- I do! well i do both :p she is quiet the wonder pony!
Same here :) Although, I used to compete in Hunters and plan on trying stadium when my 5 year old finally settles down and stops growing *laughs* And, I absolutely love Rhea :inlove: She's quite the looker :)

I wish hunters was a choice for me lol She is a straight jumper.. Asking her to slow down and listen HA so silly! Yes Rhea is adorable!

fribble2110 wrote:
I wish hunters was a choice for me lol She is a straight jumper.. Asking her to slow down and listen HA so silly! Yes Rhea is adorable!
Haha, hunters are so political! I hate how the judge (and I have ahd a judge tell me this) will pick riders based on what barn they ride at, who they train with , where they're from and etc. SO irritating! Precisely why I left that ring. My hunter is now being retrained to be a reiner, cow pony and eventer ;) He's quite the little all-around wonder horse ;) And, slowing down IS silly! My hunter gets like that if I haven't ridden him in a month (woops!) They're such stinkpots!

Shalom,
Lauren

Well my "little" family isnt so little anymore... three new editions thanks to miss trudy >.< Just what i need more little mouths to feed.. They are lucky they are adoarable! When i left trudy was doing a great job with them. Fat warm and appeared healthy! We will see when i get back tomorrow morning how everyone is! Hopefully still doing well!! Im excited to hopefully watch these little guys grow!

I dont think so.. maybe ill just keep one but we will see!! And def i will! hopefully they will be cuter when i get home :p

Back