My little cat's gone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know,Mitten, my little cat is lost. She's been missing since Wednesdayevening and there has been no sign of her since.

Everyone is hopeful that she'll be back but I really don't think I'llever see her again. She's seven months old, and it's really not fair,because our last cat got killed onthe road in March and shewas only 8 months old.

Her brother, Moppet is so lost, he's just wandering about, has no ideawhat to do, he's really missing her, there has never been a day beforein his life that he never saw her, they were really close.

Here's a picture of Mitten
IM000208.jpg

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

I'm so sorry. I hope she just wandered off and will find her way home soon. :pray:

Have you tried calling shelters, vets, police, and such? Maybe somebody found her.

Aww poor girl.:(Has she got a collaron or/and microchiped? If so that will help her get home if she isfound. I'd also put up lost posters around your neighbourhood and inlocal vets/rescues with a picture of her and a number to call ifanybody finds her. I hope you find her soon.:pray:

Thanks both of you, she doesn't wear a collarbecause she goes outside and we're afraid she'd get caught on a treeand hang herself:shock:and sadly she wasn't micro-chipped (Iwould if it was me but my mum won't)

She was due to get spayed within the next few weeks so is it possible she's with a boy cat!?!

What's really weird is that my neighbours cat has also gone missing, and so has my aunt's who lives really near us:?

My brothers and sisters have started asking already if we can getanother cat if she doesn't turn up, but I don't think I want one, notbecause I don't love them, but I can't go through this again.:( I'vesuggested we get a pedigree cat instead, so it would be inside all thetime. But hopefully it won't come to that.

Aw Michaela, I'm sorry to hear that. If shedoesn't come home, you could try calling your area shelters to see ifthey have her. I know people who have found their pets by doing this.Wishing you the best of luck! :clover:

Aww i'm sorry Michaela,i will be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that Mitten comes home

poor Moppet,he's missing his sissy :(

if you find her or hear anything let us know :)

cheryl

Oh Sweetie...I hope your girl shows upsoon! If she's not spayed, I'm almost certain that she's outhaving some "female to male" fun.

Yes, a surprise litter is never truly fun, but at least your girl would be home. :)

Keep us updated, okay? I'll keep you and your Mitten in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and love,

Rosie*

Thanks guys! Sadly there is still no sign of her:(

If she is with a boy, is it likely that she'd come home? I was thinkingif she got pregnant she'd come back to have the kittens, but I haven'ta clue really, I' no cat expert. Would she only stay away for thelength of time she was in heat? How long do cats go into heat for?:? Wesaw no signs that she was in heat before she went missing, but I didn'tactually see her that day because I was at school.:(

Sorry for all the questions, if anybody can answer them I'd reallyappreciate it, we weren't expecting to have to know anything about thisbecause we had planned to have her spayed!

She's not spayed yet? I've never dealtwith an unspayed cat. Mine were done as tinybabies. She might come back when her heat is done.I think it might last a few days to a week. If she does,you'll want to get her spayed ASAP unless you don't like doing that toprevent kittens.

:pray::pray::pray:

Michaela wrote:
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know, Mitten, mylittle cat is lost. She's been missing since Wednesday evening andthere has been no sign of her since.

Everyone is hopeful that she'll be back but I really don't think I'llever see her again. She's seven months old, and it's really not fair,because our last cat got killed onthe road in March and shewas only 8 months old.

Her brother, Moppet is so lost, he's just wandering about, has no ideawhat to do, he's really missing her, there has never been a day beforein his life that he never saw her, they were really close.

Here's a picture of Mitten
IM000208.jpg

HIYA!!

awww thats sad!!

All the best in finding her! :) i hope ya do!i lost my cat before and it was soo sad.

hehe ur from ireland too! :)

xxestellexx:bunnydance:

Naturestee, I don't think vets here will spay orneuter cats until they are six or seven months, I've never heard ofthem getting done before that or we would have. I've just asked mumwhen she was to be spayed and she said this week, Moppet is stillgetting neutered this week, poor thing, he's getting more depressedevery day without her.:cry1:

If she does come back she will definitely be getting spayed straightaway, I hate how people just leave their cats to have loads of litters,Moppet and Mitten's mum had 3 littersthis year, and one of mycousin's cats has had (I think) six litters in less than 2 years:growl:

I'm really upset now, I keep randomly bursting into tears, I don't knowif I'll be able to go to school tomorrow.:cry4:I miss her so much.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I will keep hoping and praying she comes back.

There is still no sign, poor Moppet is soconfused, he follows us around everywhere, he won't evenstayin a room on his own for longer than 5 minutes, I feel so sorry forhim.:tears2:

Aww thats so sad :(Cats can travel a hell of a long way in one night, So I will keep a look out for her! hehe

I hope you find her soon. Her poor brother too :(Itis probualy that she heard you book the spay appointment and thoughtshe would run away for a bit and strutt her stuff before you could gethold of her ;)

Please let us know when she arrives home!

Good luck in finding her :pinkpansy:

To answer your questions, female cats go intoheat for anywhere from a few days to possibly a week straight, as oftenas every two to three weeks.

From what I've read cats are pregnant for approx 63 days.

Exactly how long has she been missing? Did she escape thehouse somehow, or just not come home? I guess a good questionwould be, is she an indoor, outdoor, or indoor/outdoor cat?

Were there any signs of her being in heat before she left?

Oh, one more thing...your neighbor's cat...was it male or female? Also, was it fixed/altered?

Let me know...I'd like to see how much I can help, ok?

Hugs during this difficult time...

Rosie*

She still hasn't turned up:tears2:

To answer your questions Rosie,

She has been missing since Wednesday afternoon, so this is the 5th day.They are both indoor/outdoor cats. They spend the very large majorityof time in the house, but go outside for the toilet and sometimes goout at night if they want. My mum let her out to go to the toilet onWednesday afternoon, just before I got home from school, and she justnever came back, it started raining quite heavy not long after, so weassumed she'd gone into the shed (they have a basket in there)

As far as I know there were no signs of heat before she left, but likeI said, I only saw her for a few minutes that morning before school soI can't be sure, my mum isn't sure either, but she's at the right ageisn't she?

My neighbours cat was a spayed female, but she was really sick before she left so, I don't think they have a lot of hope.:(

Thanks for all your help Rosie! You're great:hug2:

And thanks to everyone else too, I really appreciate your prayers:)

Hi Michaela,

I know this might sound a bit odd, but here's something I did when Ilost my cat a couple of years ago. Actually I did it when I lost myrabbit Rufus too, several years back. I don't know if you believe inangels, but give it a shot anyway. Send out prayers to the angels toguide Mitten back home to you. Ask Archangel Michael to protect her,and Archangel Gabriel (or whichever angel you wish) to guide her home.I did this when my rabbit Rufus escaped several years ago, and he haddisappeared for almost a week. The next day, after I sent out prayers,Rufus appeared in my driveway! I wasn't able to catch him, but I keptsending out prayers, and he kept reappearing.

Then about 3 years ago, I was going through a terrible time healthwise,and one evening we had an awful freak snowstorm rise up. My cat Tasha,who is a tiny little indoor cat, darted outdoors and no matter how muchI called, I couldn't find her. She'd completely disappeared. So I saida prayer and visualized her coming home, and 3 days later, my sisterfound her. She was just next door, huddled under a neighbor's stoop,but for whatever reason couldn't find her way home. She was cold andhungry, but okay otherwise.

Of course there is no guarantee that prayers always work the way wewant them to, but it might at least help you to feel that you've donesomething to help your little girl. I am keeping her in my thoughts andprayers for you...:hug1

Bassetluv,I don't think that soundsodd at all, I am a Christian (not devout or anything, but I go to aCatholic school and I think I do ok;)) I had actually been praying alittle bit to keep her safe, but I hadn't thought of praying to anangel, I will definitely try.:) Sounds like itworks!Thanks for sharing your stories about your pets,:kiss: and for the kindwords. Everyone on here has been so supportive to me:grouphug

We all hope to the bottom of our hearts sheturns up. I know how id feel if i lost one of my pets. :groupparty:Staypositive. You could always ring the local rescue centres and check shehasnt turned up. Even though she is chipped its best to ring round.

Cat x

Latest posts

Back