My little Avery is a boy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_TOX

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Today I discovered that Avery is indeed a boy! How did I find out? Not from a vet, but because I caught him humping his momma o_O oh my goodness!!! For now they are on separate floors and cant get to each other. Now im hoping to dear god momma is not pregnant.... but knowing my luck she is! What should I do until I get my money to take her to the vet, itll be like a week. So that I can get momma or Avery fixed.. hopefully Which one should I fix first? I think Avery would be the better choice but im worried about Yuki getting cancer since she is two years old. Also my grandmother thinks that I should give up Avery since hes a boy and get a girl mate for Yuki instead.
Can you see any reason to do this or not to do this? Besides him trying to mate with her they get along very well never once had a problem between them. Avery is 11 weeks now. Whats the difference between two girl mates or a girl and male mate?:stork:

Watermelons is right! When Clementine's hormones hit, she went crazy humping Felix, who was already neutered.

I believe the general rule of thumb is that male/female bonds are easier to forge, however if Avery and Yuki have grown up together and so far gotten along I don't think gender would be a massive concern. If you could only get one fixed for now... either way, you probably will need to separate them. The non-fixed one will continue to act hormonal towards the fixed one, and that can cause a tense relationship between the two. My timeline was that I got Felix -> got Felix neutered ASAP, I believe he was around 13/14 weeks -> got Clementine at 7 weeks -> got Clementine spayed ASAP, when she began showing hormonal behaviour such as humping Felix.

Pop out its genitals and see if a little red thing comes out, if not and it looks like a "i" it's a girl, my males hump males and my females hump females, it's all up to the hormones in their bodies😋 hope that helped there are some good rabbit sexing websites on Google

Thanks, I will never thought that a girl would hump girl or vise versa lol. Also is it normal for Avery to be getting milk like once every day from momma still? he is 12 weeks old now, 3 months. o_O And still sorta drinking from Yuki

My rabbits still do that. If Yuki isn't de sexed you need to separate as he could make mum preggers and she could have deformed babies

Latest posts

Back