My Lily Bun has me worried :'(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah92lynn

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my bunny Lily hasn't been acting normal today and I'm starting to get really worried :( She doesn't want to eat or drink, and she isn't very active at all...she just wants to lay down in her litter box for some reason, and her eyes are half closed like she might be uncomfortable :/
I put her outside a bit ago and she ate a little bit of grass and took a small drink of water, but she still doesn't want to move around much when normally she would want to run around and play. If she isn't better by tomorrow she's going to the vet, but I was hoping I could get some ideas of what might be wrong with her from you guys.. thanks

Will she tolerate a little belly rub? Is it possible she might have gas? Or maybe dental problems? Try rubbing her cheeks and see how she reacts. I would think if she had some dental issues or an abscess, she would pull away. Is she pooping? I think you're probably right to take her to the vet tomorrow. I hope she feels better soon.

Thanks for the reply!
She doesn't like her tummy being touched but I'm gonna try giving her a belly rub here soon. I felt her tummy a little bit earlier and didn't feel any gas bubbles or hear any gurgling..and I don't think she's pooped much today if at all :( I'm in tears right now worrying that it's GI stasis..I'm just praying that she'll last through the night whatever it is..
I don't think it's dental issues since this is very sudden and she was completely fine yesterday, and it doesn't seem to bother her when I give her cheek rubs. She's still not eating and barely drinking :( I've tried offering her some of her favorite foods and treats multiple times but she just turns away. Any suggestions on what to do to get her to eat are greatly appreciated..

If she has gas her tummy will feel round and firm like a balloon, and she will be sitting in unusual positions looking uncomfortable and miserable. If her tummy feels soft, it could be stasis or a blockage.

Do you have simethicone/infant gas drops? That often helps if you think the problem is gas. Don't give her sugary treats right now, try to get her to eat hay or veggies.

How long has it been since she's eaten anything? Has she still been pooping/peeing at all? There may be a blockage which is causing pain which is resulting in her not eating. It may also be gas which you could try giving simethicone for because gas can be painful and also cause her not to eat. It's also possible that she has some teeth problems which are causing her pain and not want to eat.

In any case, if it's been quite some time since she's eaten, she doe really need to see a vet asap.

Wow thanks for all the replies everyone! I'm definitely taking her into the vet here in a bit, it's been about a day of hardly eating but she is still drinking. She just wants to lay in her litter box and won't take any hay or veggies..she is peeing but it doesn't look like she's pooped :(

I gave her some of the gas drops last night as well as a belly rub but her belly doesn't feel hard. I'm thinking it's definitely either blockage or stasis :(

Checking in on Lilybun! Did she get in to see the vet today? I hope she's feeling better today.

Yes, if she hasn't pooped or eaten much in that long, it's an emergency situation and I hope you were able to see a vet. I hope all is well.

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to reply but I have great news :) I took her to the vet and he gave me some stuff to help her poo and also a supplement since she wasn't eating. Yesterday she was slowly showing improvement and I finally saw some fresh poops!! Today she is back to being the happy Lily bun I love <3 She is eating well, drinking and pooping again. I'm still keeping a close eye on her since her poops aren't back to normal yet, but I'm so relieved and happy she is feeling better!

She's stuck with an all hay diet for now, and I have to feed her yucky gel stuff three times a day but I'll do anything to get her 100% better! Poor girl doesn't understand why all this stuff is happening to her lol

Phew! So glad to hear this! Thanks for the update! Keep getting better little Lilybun.

I'm so relieved to hear that she is improving. Here's hoping she's back to normal in no time :)

Latest posts

Back