My lack of sleep thanks to a bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
So, I've been sick recently and not sleeping much at all, and last night a certain husband of mine (he knows who he is) snored loudly ALL night so I barely slept at all. Dotty came up for a few cuddles on and off, and she came up for a long cuddle at about 7am-ish, as usual, and stayed until Steve got up to make breakfast and get ready for work. I had been awake I think since about 5am at least by this time, and tried to stay in bed to catch up on sleep once Dotty had her breakfast and Steve had gone to work. There was a knock at the door that turned out to be a bible study group or something that wanted me to buy a book, I'm not quite sure because I was so sleepy, so I made my excuses, closed the door and went back to bed.

Got in bed and thought 'no snoring husband, no bunny bouncing waiting for her breakfast, no more knocks at the door, time to catch up on sleep.' :D

Dotty finished her food and jumped up on the bed to join me, and snuggled in the gap between the pillows on our bed, where she normally likes to sleep. I thought 'great, I get bunny cuddles as well as sleep!'

Wrong!

She SNORED! She snored so loudly she was almost as loud as Steve had been! For an hour and a half! Just as she'd stop and I'd drift off, she'd start up again! Snoring and tooth-purring, really loudly. It sounds like 'eeeeeeeeeee-brrrrrrrrrrr! eeeeeeeeee-brrrrrrrr! eeeeeeeeeee-brrrrrrrrr!' :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

I gave up on getting anymore sleep after that... I've heard her snore before, but she's never kept me awake before!

:pullhair:

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Oh Jen. I don't your pain but I can only imagine what your going through right now.

Being sick and not sleeping do to someone snoring and after you get a giant bunny snoring. LOL

Hugs
Thanks! :hug:

She was so loud though! I thought she'd turned into a guinea pig or something!:shock: She seemed very happy with her mid-morning nap lol....

awwwww i know how you feel I'm kept awake at night by my fiancee snoring sometimes, but fortunatly a well aimed prod in the side can stop that lol! but then from outside the door on the landing I suddenly hear anouther noise and usually it's one of our cats Pepsi and she's really loud too! I usually have to move her into the bathroom where for some reason she stops snoring lol!

hahaha thanks for sharing. is it common for bunnies to snore?

I demand a picture of her sleeping among the pillows in the bed, sounds adorable (except when she keeps you awake) :p

Crystal, that wish, I can grant!

This is a different day, a few weeks ago, but this is where she likes to sleep- usually I sleep on the pillow to the right of her, and she likes it if I put my arm around her, or cover her up with a little bit of the duvet lol:

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

:D

Chalk is the only other bunny we have that snores- although she is only about 4lbs and lives downstairs so she's a whole lot less disturbing when she does it lol! I've heard of other people's bunnies that do it but definitely not all of them... Chalk sounds pretty much like Dotty, except on a much smaller scale lol :)

thank you for the photos! that is so funny! she is a massive bunny when compared to the width of the pillows haha. she is very big, and very spoilt!

there must be a lot more incentive to make sure you have a really clean bunny if she shares your bed with you...

She's learnt a new trick!!!

I woke up at 5am this morning, for no apparent reason- was just wide awake. Dotty ignored me for ages because she was busy licking the floor- she likes to do this at night for some reason :? Anyway, she came up on the bed at about 6.30-7ish, when I was still wide awake, and she snuggled up in the crook of my arm, with her paws over my shoulder, and her nose resting on my pillow/cheek.

She licked my face, and my pillow for ages, like she normally does, and I gave her some noserubs, and she started to fall asleep, making squeaky little snoring noises. I was getting a bit sleepy again by this time, so I started to drift off back to sleep again...

All of a sudden- POW!!:shock: I was wide awake and my head had been pushed to the side- I looked, and it turned out that she'd yawned, and as she did so, had stretched her paws out straight in front of her really quickly- I had been punched in the face by a bunny! As I looked back at her, she was in mid-yawn, and with her face so close to mine, I could see right to the back of her mouth lol.

So after that, a little bemused and with a slightly sore cheek, I started to drift off back to sleep again. But then, about 10 mintues later.....

POW! :shock:

She'd done it again! The exact same thing! Both paws outstretched, punching me right in the face AGAIN!

After that I shifted her a bit further away from me, so the paws wouldn't reach if she did it again.

That bunny packs a punch!! :shock:

Have you thought about buying some earplugs? They sell those disposable foam ones. I use them occasionally when hubby is engaged in some Olympic quality snoring. They don't totally drown out the sound, but they muffle it enough so I can sleep.

Gee, I'm really glad to see Dotty isn't at all spoiled! Great pics.

:yeahthat: my hubby does a lot of nighttime driving - yay! i always think - no snoring to keep me awake:) sadly younger choc lab, whiskey, insists on sleeping in with me when he's away - now that is olympic standard snoring:X

If Dave starts snoring while I'm asleep I kick him until he stops. :biggrin2:

However, I will gladly take that adorable bunny and put up with bunny snoring and punching. I wish Bayou would nap on the bed with me. He prefers laying beside the bed. :grumpy:

Back