My Kitty, Pastel Died.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
My mom found our missing kitty,Pastel. She was a few doors down in a neighbor's yard,dead. She looked as if she had been there for a LONGtime. Which makes me so sad cause I walk by that yardeveryday for my jog! I can't believe I didn't see her:(. Looked like she had been torn up by dogs. Poorbaby. I bet that was terrifying for her. I ambeating myself up. I bet it was just terrible, terrible,TERRIBLE! I should have been there for her. Ishould have saved her. The only relief in my kitty passing isthat Pastel can keep my dog, Chloe company at Rainbow Bridge.They were best friends and I am glad they are together now. Iburied Pastel next to Chloe and read Rainbow Bridge to her.

Thanks so much for listening and understanding

Hugs!

Oh Hun, I am so very sorry. Please don'tbeat your self up. You searched high and low for her. You poor dear. Myheart goes out to you. At least now you know. I am so very sorry foryou. If you ever need to talk please pm me ok. I am crying foryou.

Tina

I'm so sorry about that. For yoursake, I'm sort of glad for some closure and you can know she's gone -but I'm so sorry she died.

Peg

You shouldn't blame yourself. Youcan't prevent everything from happening, especially accidents likethis. I am really sorry you lost her.

oh, hun *hugs*

I am so sorry this happened. Please don't beat yourself up over this. It was a terrible tragedy, but it was not your fault.

Don't be afraid to grieve, either. A lot of people dismiss how deeply we can mourn our pets.

Again, I am so sorry. I know how much you loved her :(

(((Kricket)))

We love our furry friends so much, and we want to protect them at alltimes, but sometimes it just isn't possible. Our pets are independentcreatures by nature, and because of this we simply cannot watch overthem 100% of the time. The best we can do is provide them with properfood and shelter, give them as much love as we possibly can, and prayfor their protection.

An online friend of mine lost one of her precious kitties 3 years ago.She and her husband were getting ready for work one morning, and hercat - a beautiful little white female who was strictly an indoor feline- somehow managed to sneak past one of them and ventured outsideunnoticed. This cat was totally deaf, and never went outdoors alone,never once tried in the past, so her defenses were not what they shouldhave been. When my friend got home that evening from work, she foundher sweet kitty in her backyard...the tragic victim of a dog attack byher neighbors' two rottweilers. There had been a longstanding feudbetween the two neighbors over these dogs running loose in the area,and it finally resulted in a horrendous tragedy. My friend beat herselfup for a long time, taking blame for her cat's death...saying, "Whydidn't I notice she was outdoors? How could I have let this happen?".Yet it was not her fault...it was an unfortunate, terrible case of anindependent creature suddenly deciding to follow her instinctto explore, along with irresponsibility on the part of the dog owners.

I do hope that you realize there was nothing you could have done toprevent the loss of your Pastel. It is an anguishing heartbreak, and Iwish there was more I could do to help you through this. But I believethat Pastel would not want you blaming yourself over her passing. I dobelieve that everything happens for a reason, and that we all - humansand animals - choose our time and method of passing long before we everincarnate. There are lessons and teachings with everything we do, andour soulmates - those closest to us in our lives, both human and animal- have much to teach us. I believe that one of the things Pastel taughtyou was how to love unconditionally, and she is now teaching you how tolove yourself enough to not turn blame inward. This is a very hardlesson to learn, as it can be so painful, but only the wisest andstrongest of souls come to us to show us these teachings. Honor herbeautiful spirit, as she honors yours....and know how blessed you wereto have her in your life. You also blessed Pastel's life, and she isnow watching over you on the other side of the Bridge.

Many hugs to you....

Bassetluv (Di)

Oh, Kricket, I am sooo sorry. I know findingPastel that way was a tough one. I really am sorry for your loss. I,too, agree with Tiny's Mom, that despite the horrible outcome, there issome closure. I'm certain that you would have been looking for her and/ or keeping an eye open for her for the rest of your residency at thataddress. I know I did that - I chased every orange cat down in ourneighbourhood for more than three years, often creeping into myneighbours' yards. Sorry again, Kricket.

I'm so sorry. Such an awful outcome,but it's certainly not your fault. You did absolutelyeverything you could. I don't know if this will becomforting, but I think maybe it would be, the dogs probably didn't gether until she had already died.

Please don't blame yourself. My dog was hit by a car lastyear and I blamed myself for a long time. I eventually had togive it over to God and know that it didn't matter how she went, if itwas her time to go, she was going to go no matter what I did.I still miss her, but I have 2 new dogs who carry on her spirit in manymischievous, ok they are just bad, ways. LOL

Jen

Thanks, everyone. I am touched by yourkind words. You all have helped me see the bright side ofthis. Chloe and Pastel are together forever now.:rainbow:

Back