My kids found this guy in our horse pasture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTbarthedoor

Reaction score
Ok so my 6 kids noticed this bunny in our horse pasture and after 2 weeks of it hanging around the house and laying sprawled out on the front lawn feet straight out behind him..people slowing down to check it out...lol..I finally agreed to let the kids bring it in the house..so we had years ago a mini lop that lived to be 12 years old so I know a little about rabbits but this thing is huge..bigger than our house cat.Anyway I know y'all get sick of people asking but what is this monstrosity of a rabbit..also it is head strong but sweet..we love it and plan to take it and get it spayed or neutered..we HV not pushed trying to find out as it is nice never bit anyone but obviously does not like to be picked up and on rare occasions I've needed to put him up in his cage I use a towel and wrap him up to carry him as I don't want it to kick me and hurt itself or me..so I've not wrestled it down to see..it does not spray and uses a litter box just fine but does seem to nest ..likes to steal socks and take back to its special napping places..anyway been told it's a feeder rabbit..I'd like to not use that term as we are totally offended that someone would eat this bunny we love it..p.s. it can straight up jump from the floor to the top of my queen bed like it's nothing and also jumps into it's bunny home that is on legs ..it jumps an easy 2ft+ just doing it's play spaz out thing bunnies do..idk I feel like it weighs 10lb easy maybe 8 but I'm betting 10.

Attachments

• IMG_20190716_023432.jpg
    IMG_20190716_023432.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20190716_023432.jpg
    IMG_20190716_023432.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
Wow! What a nice surprise for you and your family! I would definitely bring him/her to the vet ASAP as they may have fleas,parisites,ticks..etc. Is the bunny free roam or does she have a cage? If the bunny is nesting it could mean she’s a girl and she may be expecting. I would watch for pulling fur,digging and gathering items in one corner.

Latest posts

Back