My Husband made an outdoor run for my Belldandy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
Today my husband made an outdoor run for my Belldandy. It is 80 incheslong and 43 inches wide. It has handles so it can be lifted and moved. It has a small door so we can go in and out. We use a canvas tarp to cover it so she will have shade and be protected, we don't leave her out unless we are out with her.

Here are some pictures of it. She loved it jumpin around and eating all the clover.

DSCN0521.jpg

This is an full view.

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

Yeah it is his war wound...lol. He got a piece of the wire under the base of his thumb nail went clean under. Our daughter saw the band aid and insisted it was for her imaginary wound even though she saw daddy bleeding all over....lol. He's okay though already planning the next project. :)

Looks great! The only thing I would add would be a layer of that wire across the bottom of the pen. The grass will still stick up through it, but the little gal won't be able to burrow out of her pen (believe me, she will likely try!)

We don't leave her unattended that is why we didn't do so. If she tries anything she is removed immediately and be placed back inside.

Hmmm... my guys would tell you that digging a little bit is a lot of fun. I guess I would attach it, just because X/Y/Z might call someone away in a rush, without time to put bunny back.
Or, maybe I need something in the house, and it takes longer than expect.. y'know, unpredictable circumstances.

Completely up to you though! It looks really good.

The run size is great. Lucky Belldandy :)

Not having mesh under it is fine if she is going to be mostly supervised (unless she is a mega digger) but if she starts to dig and gets put away that seems a little unfair (sort of like a child discovering toys and then having them all taken away). I would be more concerned about the open top and the large size of the mesh as a risk to her personally.

If she is being supervised and also the run being moved regularly then digging should be fine. My guys love to dig. Our garden has little holes all over it. I don't use mesh, but watch the buns and move the runs regularly so no one can dig out.

She has two digging boxes inside. We cover the top when she is in it to provide shade and protection. She cannot get through the mesh we tested it already.

Stone_family3 wrote:
She has two digging boxes inside. We cover the top when she is in it to provide shade and protection. She cannot get through the mesh we tested it already.
That's great you cover the top for shade :)

The risk with big holes in the mesh is that if you have to leave her for abit, like Autumn said, a predator could easily stick a paw through. Equally, a predator could jump in, even if there is a tarpaulin cover. That was all I was concerned about, but if she is supervised sufficiently then this shouldn't be an issue :)

We treat her just like my daughter so If I have to potty they both come in with me....lol. So far the only predator getting in is my daughter and her motive is to pet her tail and feed her dandelions....lol.

His next project is an inside run for her. with a redecorated cage. Which we hopefully pick up today.

Back