My husband bought me this by "mistake"...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Just adorable! Have you weighed her to see how big she is yet?

Actually, my sister and I just weighed her.... Amaretto was being awiggle-worm, so it was a two person job weighing her. She is officiallyat 10 lbs, 2 ounces.

I also took a couple pictures of my sister holding her....

81999202.jpg

81999195.jpg

Me holding the big sweetie....

81999198.jpg

And a couple pictures of Amaretto just running around:

81999193.jpg

81999188.jpg

MsOrli14 wrote:
She looks like an English Spot to me. My best friend hasone, he looks just like that. Mayby I'm wrong though.

Those particular markings (broken patter aka english spotting pattern)are common in many breeds, but the markings in this case don't indicateimmediate English Spot ancestry. In certain breeds, that"half-butterfly" on the face is a common trait (such as lops andangoras which don't put much emphasis on those markings). Thespine marking and cheek spots unique to the English Spot are alsomissing, The color drags down quite a bit from the ear base,and there are spots above the eye -- these modifying genes in themarkings of the English Spot (spots behind the eye) have been prettymuch eliminated from the English Spot gene pool as they are soundesirable (a disqualification) -- however, arecommon inbreeds such as lops, as is theancestry given on therabbit. This gives us the clue that English Spot is probablynot a consideration.

The size is of course, the major determining factor here.This rabbit is going to mature at a giant weight far and beyond that ofan English Spot.

Pam

BIG BUNNY! BIG BUNNY! Whooooooo!!:shock:

Even Diva wasn't that big at 3 mo.! Amaretto's about Bub's size now at 6 mo.

BTW, Bub's ears are about that proportion to his body now (like Amaretto). The Giants and Checkereds have those massive ears.

Rose

Latest posts

Back