My grandmother passed away today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I'm sitting home alone going nuts and needed to post it. :(

It wasn't unexpected, but still, it's always hard no matter what thecircumstances. She had emphysema and was in a very bad way not beingable to breathe. Fortunately, she went peacefully in her sleep.

I am just very, very glad that I went down to Vermont to visit her onelast time before it happened. She was in the nursing home, but lucidand her old frenchfeisty self. She was beyond happy over mypregnancy and couldn't wait to see the baby. That's probably thehardest thing I'm dealing with right now. My father was telling me thatwas all she talked about.

We're leaving tomorrow morning for Vermont and will be back on Tuesday.I'm torn between being happy to see my family again and very sad overwhy I'm going down there in the first place.

Oh Stephanie, :sad:

I'm so, so sorry. My heart goes out to you. I know you shared a veryspecial and strong bond with your grandmother and losing her isdevastating to you. Unfortunately, I'm all too aware of the griefmyself after losing my best friend.

It will bring you comfort in time to know she went in her sleep. I wasa mess when I was dealing with Buck's loss prior to going to his andHelen's home for the services. I found great comfort by being aroundothers who shared in my deep sorrow. I know your family and friends inVermont will help you to feel less alone than you do now.

I wish I could be there to help so much. I'm so sorry. You'll be in mythoughts, heart, and prayers, My Friend. We'll be here thinking of youand waiting to hear how you are when you return.

:rose:

Much Love,
-Carolyn

Oh I am so verry sorry. Try not to feelbad for being excited about seeing your family. Your grandmother wouldwant you to be happy. I will be keeping you and your family in mythoughts and prayers.

Tina

Thank you everyone. We all know that death is a natural part of life....just not a very fun part.

It will be good to see home again though.

You want to know a weird thing? Last night I had a dream that someonein my family died. In my dream, Dave and I were at a viewing, but Icouldn't see whomever's face it was in the casket. It disturbed me,woke me up actually. Funny thing is, I had a very similar experiencewhen my grandfather passed away five years ago.

I am sorry Stephanie. Youmust have good memories of your Grandmother. Good that youdid see her before she pasted on. You can pass on the storiesto your baby.

Have a safe trip.

Rainbows! :pink iris:

I really understand how you feel. Iwill say a extra prayer for your family today.I was really close to mygrandmother, and she passed away 6 years ago with breast cancer.
I wish I could reach out and give you a hug.
Kim

Dogarnit! :growl:

I tried calling you just a few minutes ago, Stephanie, but your number has changed.

I hate when that happens.

Know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you.

(Oh! And when you're back in the States, make sure you pick up some NutriCal to bring back home.)

:pray:

Love,
-Carolyn

Stephanie wrote:
You want to know a weird thing? Last night I had a dream that someonein my family died. In my dream, Dave and I were at a viewing, but Icouldn't see whomever's face it was in the casket. It disturbed me,woke me up actually. Funny thing is, I had a very similar experiencewhen my grandfather passed away five years ago.

:star:

What a Gift! It shows your connection was deep and you are very 'in-tune' to what is going on around you.

That's a Sign, Stephanie.

Be open to them. You'll see your grandmother will sprinkle them aroundyou when you least expect it. Don't second-guess it; just go with it.

:magicwand:

-Carolyn

Hey Stephanie,

I am dearly sorry about your loss. Your grandmother soundslike a neat lady. I think she would want you to be happy tosee the familia. She'd be excited too! Sorry it hadto be under these circumstances. Bless your heart.And try to enjoy your time with your family. Share greatstories and have some giggles about your sweet grandma. Shewould proably apprecaite that.

Hugs and love to you and yours Kristina

I just PMed you the new number, we got rid of our cell phones for a land line.

And I was thinking of that tonight! As I was packing up stuff for therabbits I noticed we were getting low on food. We started buyingsmaller bags of it so it stays fresher longer. Anyway, we may beleaving before the pet store opens, so will most likey have to get morefood for them this weekend. I was thinking "Awesome! Now I can get someNutriCal!"

I hope Abby does ok this time, remember the near scare we had with herafter our last trip? I'm bringing some oatmeal for them, at the veryleast it'll help push things through their systems and be a nice treatto boot.

Latest posts

Back