My girlfriend (NZminilops) is away and her rabbit had babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mat,

I cannot say enough for what you are doing for Chelle right now, but obviously, it was in your heart. That's a good man!

Thank you for that, Mat, Chelle would love even more for it.

Crystal:hug:

RIP Simon and Morgan:rainbow:

Bless your heart, you've done a really good job.

And you are right Sakura is a tiny bunny, and so two might be the lot, I hope it is.

I hope Michelle is ok, please send her my love and I hope she gets better soon. Do you think she will be out for Christmas? (you can PM me if you want, or not answer at all).

RIP Simon and Morgan.

Take care of yourself clarkdef

BlueGiants mentioned that the male could still function for a time. Now, that everything is over, I see this thread....

You have done a wonderful job of taking care of the bunnies/babies. I'm sure Michelle will be grateful.

Speaking of her, I don't know if I missed something or what, but I am now worried about her. I understand if we aren't to know but if it's ok, what's wrong? :(

I was just thinking about you telling Michelle or not.

I don't know hers nor your situation so I can't comment on whether it is best to tell her or not, however, if you don't tell her,you're going to have to make sure the whole forum knows not to mention it. That will be quite a task if you do decide to go that route.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Take care of yourself.

I think Michelle definitely needs to know about Sakura having babies. It's all out on the forum now, and lying to her would really hurt her.

RIP Simon and Morgan :hearts.

p.s....you chose a great name: "Morgan". I have one special bunny, named Morgan :).

I think waiting a bit would be best. Don't hit her with it right away. Let her get some peace first.

Oh my gosh, Im just seeing this. Matt you are awesome for coming here and doing everything you could for Sakura and the babies. Michelle will be so grateful for your care and compassion.

As Blue Giants mentioned, boys can still produce sperm for up to around 8 weeks after a neuter. So if he was neutered Sept 20 that means he could have been fertile up until around November 20 or so. Then if they were together around that time that would put her 30 days right about now.

Im so glad Sakura is doing ok. Please tell Michelle we're thinking of her and we're here if you guys need anything.

*hugs*

Haley

Hello everybody just checking in. Sakura looks fine I cant see any signs of unusual behavour or distress. She was really hungry for her pellets this morning. I am making sure the rabbits dont get anywhere near eachother. I have padlocks on both cages just in case

Not telling Michelle, I meant not right now, but when shes a bit more stable. Not never ever tell her of course. I dont know how much she would want me to say but shes in a hospital for suicide and depressive patients but is a low risk patient i.e not under constant watch. Im going to visit her in about 20 minutes so Ill say hello from everyone. She seemed very cheerful on the phone this morning.

We all thought she was fine but she was hiding some major depression and was to scared to ask for any help and just wanted to pretend she was ok.

Sorry if my typing is strange but Im not used to doing much and Im not very smart with puncuation as I hate reading with a passion.

That is cool there is another Morgan rabbit, the name just hit me and he was such a cute baby rabbit considering the circumstances. His little feet were very cute. The other bunny head and leg was grusome but I still petted him on the head goodbye as he couldnt help that he was a mess.

Looking over the rabbit papers from the vet it clearly states that after four weeks is fine to leave a nutered male alone with a female that still has her parts. If that is wrong I will tell the vet clinic. I was thinking as a Christmas present for Michelle to pay to get Sakura fixed. I know she had taken her with the other rabbit but Im not sure what happened except that it didnt work out for some reason.

The two rabbits are not really any different in size that I can see, I would say about 1.5kg each maybe.

All this typing is making my head hurt so ill go get myself pretty and visit Michelle.

Cheers for the support this is a very nice helpful website and Im going to have look around it later on.

Poor Michelle. I have been in psych wards and they are scary places, but I hope hers is decent enough to help her.

If either of you need a chat (obviously that will apply to her when she comes out), then my PM box is open.

In relation to telling her, maybe tell her while she is there because they can help her with how she feels.

Thinking of you both

x

clarkdef wrote:
She seemed very cheerful on the phone this morning.

That's great to hear!
Sorry if my typing is strange but Im not used to doing much and Im not very smart with puncuation as I hate reading with a passion.
We don't care if your typing is bad at all!:biggrin2:
Looking over the rabbit papers from the vet it clearly states that after four weeks is fine to leave a nutered male alone with a female that still has her parts. If that is wrong I will tell the vet clinic. I was thinking as a Christmas present for Michelle to pay to get Sakura fixed. I know she had taken her with the other rabbit but Im not sure what happened except that it didnt work out for some reason.
If I remember correctly, Chelle said that Sakura went into Cardiac Arrest while under the anesthesia, and she's scared to try again, which I totally understand, I'll be afraid as well.

Cheers for the support this is a very nice helpful website and Im going to have look around it later on.
We'd love to see you post in other areas as well, have fun with it! You might like to check out the Let your Hare Down section, it's all off topic subjects. I bet you'd find it fun!:D
Take care and keep us updated!

Oh MY GOODNESS! I wish I'd known she was depressed. She's such a sweetheart and I really miss her here! Please tell her Bo B Bunny sends hugs and get well wishes!

Go figure on the vet...... they usually are ok after a few weeks but who knows? maybe it didn't work right on him like someone suggested. *sigh* Not great news either.

Yeah, I'd wait for now to tell Michelle. Just let her deal with it more later.

Michelle is definitely one of THEmost popular people on this whole board, everybody loves her! That's in all honesty. (I'll swear on a stack of bibles!)

I don't know anybody who doesn't like her.

I wish she knew that!

Pass on our very best wishes! (And sorry I didn't get a chance to reach out this past week, it's the season to be jolly well flu sick and overloaded with work!)

sas :big kiss:

Mat, I think you've done a great job coping in a difficult situation. Thank you for burying the babies - I am sure Michelle will appreciate that.

Please tell her we are all thinking of her. Both of you take care!

Jan

We are both overwhelmed and just to stunned to even know what to say to you all, thankyou so much from the bottm of both our hearts. Michelle burst into laughing tears when I printed out this thread and the one wishing her well I wish id gone on msn too as Leanne had left a really cool drawing for her. I showed her some messages from Rosie to and she cried all over again and said how happy she was that Rosie doesnt hate her.

She jokingly said 'I should be unwell more often Im getting so much love!'. She was a bit silly and said you were all saying that stuff just to be nice and I said of course they are saying it to be nice, they like you. Its ok to be liked! Her face lit up and she said yea it is ok to be liked and I agreed and said shutup and let people be nice. I said it nicely and she laughed. She was just grinning ear to ear both times I went to see her because of you guys.

Rabbit update! She is being a good rabbit, she is still eating and peeing and pooing A LOT and in fact I stood on some today and got a hard round poo in between my toes. She just acts like nothing ever happened. I think Bailey is missing his mum as he doesnt like me.

Got to go and try and cook myself some dinner which I havent done for years so wish me lots of luck.

You showed her before I put Ringo! Oh man. She loves Ringo.:D

That's great Mat! I'm glad Michelle is feeling cheery :). How did she react to the news that Sakura had babies? Did she take it ok? Both of you guys are such amazing people.. you should be really proud of yourself Mat, not many people I know could be in the situation you are in, and handle it so incredibly well! You and Michelle are both truly amazing! I have been thinking about you both all day.. I wish I could give you both a gigantic bear hug!

So glad Sakura is doing well too! What a good girl! :) Give Bailey a nose rub from me!

I miss talking with Michelle over MSN.. I'm sending her some feel-better vibes!

Lots and Lots of Love!

Mat, you are everything to her as she is to you. You have done proved yourself, even as a rabbit person! Yay.

I feel so nice that Chelle had a smile. That's what I want for her;).

Mat, please tell her tomorrow when you go see her that I miss her tons and I really wish her the best. Get Well very soon, sweetie!

Chelle, I got a video just for you tonight upon me coming into the house, we have a small snow storm! Got that and narrated it just to you.:) I know you said you only saw snow on tv.;)

I'm gonna miss you're silly jokes that make me almost fall out of my chair, till you get back home!:p

Stay strong!:hug:

Crystal:)

Latest posts

Back