My girl is the aggressor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isyne4u

Reaction score
I posted the other day for help with my two bunnies. They had started fighting and I was looking for help. After reading the suggestions my plan was to keep them separated for a couple of weeks and then try the car trick.

Well last night Sunflower was in her cage and Bahama went up to the cage and sat staring at her for the longest time. He looked so lost without her out. Then he got a little closer putting his nose up to the bars. She moved over to the bars and as quick as lightening she jumped forward trying to bite him. Luckily she just for a mouthful of bar but she was intent on hurting him. It upset everyone that he wants to be friends and she doesn't.

So now I'm afraid to even think about the car trick because she doesn't want anything to do with him. She is spayed and he's neutered so they should get along.

Is there any hope for these two? Or will they always have to be separated?

Tara

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

They may have to stay separated. I have two rabbits that I have to let out one at a time, because they don't get along in the rabbit area. Here is something that has helped my two to get along:

Change their area around, put their cages in different spots. Like her cage in his spot and his in hers. Leave it that way for a while, maybe a few weeks. Always put them together in neutral territory, then semi-neutral, leave it like that for awhile (this is where I am at with mine).

Sweetie is territorial with her cage and the rabbit area, but of Pudden is in his cage, then she is fine when she is out. Also vice versa, she is fine in her cage as long as he doesn't go into her cage.

I hope this helps.

I definatly agree with having your bunnies meet at neutral territory. I've found that female rabbits can be super-agressive about thier cage.

You could try swapping their cages and letting Sunflower "hang out" in the cage to try and get Sunflower use to Bahama's scent (with out the threat of him actually being there).

Its normal in rabbit-society for one rabbit to be "in charge" and dominate over the one. Hopefully, with time, she's realize that he isn't a threat and will relax around him.

Good luck and best wishes for success!

Latest posts

Back