My girl has EC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill Jesse wrote:
Is Prince having problems? My vet was involved with about 100 rescue rabbit spay/neuters and my rapport with her was good. I truly think she and I got along because she recognized my concern for all of the rescued rabbits.
Prince was having problems. His tics have subsided for now. Today he was moving his head fromn side to side like he was saying no for a few seconds. But other than that he hasn't had any more tic episodes. I really want to know why he had them.

The head wobble is interesting. My girl does the same and usually after she runs around her whole body waddles ever so slightly about 2 times. Its mainly her head. Almost like she is stabilizingthe "gyros" in her brain. She is also too plump and I know that heavy people often shake/wiggle/waddle after running. Otherwise she is okay except for the odd fall especially when she is reaching far behind or standing up quite high. but now she seems to realize it and compensates accordingly. Again her plumpness may be a reason.

Maybe it is. I thought so and gave her the 28 day course of Panacur. The symptoms she showed prior are still there and not any worse. I took her to a vet who waswondering ifit may have been a trauma injury which occured during the spay procedure.

As to Ponazuril it is very expensive. A large tube (its made for horses I'm told) is about $1000 up here.

I knew that it was expensive but I had no idea that it was that much ; a possibility would be to buy a tiny amount from horse owners( just a thought )

Latest posts

Back