My friends house burned down yesterday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
I'm absolutely at a loss for words right now Im so stunned. I just got off the phone with a very tearful friend. She is a wonderful person, a pet lover - a new Mom, rabbit owner and dear friend.

Arson is suspected. Sadly, her husband is a firefighter. We're all devistated.

house+fire+generic.jpg

SPRINGFIELD -- The Springfield Fire Department says a station's renovation hampered response times to a house fire early Monday. The home was empty when the flames started in the 2500 block of North Weller Avenue, near Kearney Street at Fremont Avenue.
Asbestos is being removed from station number four, the closest station to the scene. But firefighters say the lost time didn't impact their overall effort.

http://www.ky3.com/features/ozarkstoday/33351944.html

Officials believe fire may be arson

The Springfield Fire Department fought a blaze on the north side early Monday morning that fire officials believe may have been arson.

The fire in the 2500 block of North Weller was reported around 3:20 a.m.

Flames were coming out of the roof of the home when firefighters arrived on scene, said Fire Marshal Kevin Binam.

The house, likely a total loss, was vacant because it was undergoing renovations, Binam said.

Binam believes the fire was intentionally set, he said, "based on the evidence on the scene and the way the fire burned."

The fire was first reported by a Springfield police officer.

The fire happened just a few blocks away from a Springfield fire station that has been closed for asbestos removal.

However, Binam said he doesn't believe responding from a farther station resulted in more than a minute's delay. Springfield fire marshals will investigate the incident.

The fire department also is investigating a fire early Sunday morning at the Wal-Mart Supercenter on South Campbell Avenue.

A possible suspect in that fire was caught on surveillance video and was seen driving a black, four-door SUV.

Anyone with information is asked to call 869-TIPS or the fire department headquarters at 864-1500.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008810280361

I'm sorry to hear :(I sure am relieved that no one was in the house however. Gosh, I could only imagine how quickly that fire must have spread. People can be so darn stupid :(

Latest posts

Back