My First Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buster2369

Reaction score
I am new to rabbits, but I have always loved them. I got my rabbit last week from someone who didn't want him anymore. I named him Buster. I am not sure what kind of rabbit he is but he is very energetic! He loves people and loves to be pet. He also loves to Binky everywhere! He is a very happy rabbit. He follows me around like a puppy.:) He doesn't like to be put in a cage so I gave him my whole bathroom to play in. He just figured out how to jump on my bed so I let him. He is litter box trained so he knows not to pee/poo on my bed, he's really good about it. He has an insane amount of energy at night from like 10 pm to about 2 am. When I want to go to bed. He is so cute that I don't mind much.

haha he is a character! He doesn't like to chew either, I let him loose in my room and he wont chew on anything. He also doesn't like toys either, I've tried to give him toilet paper tubes, boxes,old phone books and apple sticks but he doesn't like them. I was wondering if that was normal? The only thing that keeps him entertained is me, which is fine for now because I currently work from home but I am afraid to leave him alone, since I don't want him to get bored...

Did you name him Buster after the white bunny on Arthur?

He sounds like a sweetie pie.

Keep trying with the toys so he doesn't get bored. The best toys I've found are long card board boxes with holes cut in it, popsicle sticks, and folded up pieces of paper. The last two I pick up and put near their mouth and they grab them out of my hand and throw them.

That pose is my favorite also! He always sits like that when he is waiting for me to give him a massage..

Yes I did name him after the famous character on Arthur.

I still watch that show and as soon as I saw the bunny, he reminded me of Buster so much. A very distinct personality!

I will try Popsicle sticks, I just gave him an old phone book that he seems to like to rip up, he likes the boxes a little bit, he won't chew them but he likes going in and out of them. He also loves damp paper towels, it is so odd, I put them in front of his face and he tries to move it out of the way with his nose. Its like rabbit bullfighting. :D

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

Baby toys and bird toys (ones made forparrots)work for rabbits also. My rabbits like to toss around baby keys, baby stacking ups, plastic slinkies, old medicine bottles with some popcorn in them to make noise.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back