My First Rabbit - Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
butsy wrote:
my first and only bunny is butsy the minilop :) check the avatar!
with her, you need to have patience, because she has none :p , im glad she was my first bunn tho !, she's got quite the attitude, just like me :) lol, goodluck finding the perfect bunny for youu !!
She is a cutie!! :) What a lucky rabbit owner you are. And thank you! ;)

I have a holland lop and I love him! I don't know what to contribute, just wanted to say congratulations and welcome.

Also, when I first got my bunny he was SUPER aggressive. He would bite, scratch, kick, grunt and headbutt anything and anyone. But now he likes to cuddle, sometimes lick and I'm teaching him tricks. Maybe the people you heard that certain breeds are ____ are people who haven't bonded with their rabbits well?? I think it just depends on your individual bunny. :)

cassafrassa wrote:
Also, when I first got my bunny he was SUPER aggressive. He would bite, scratch, kick, grunt and headbutt anything and anyone. But now he likes to cuddle, sometimes lick and I'm teaching him tricks. Maybe the people you heard that certain breeds are ____ are people who haven't bonded with their rabbits well?? I think it just depends on your individual bunny. :)
I have had pets with similar stories. (They took months to get used to me.) How long did it take to bond with your rabbit?

bekahbun wrote:
cassafrassa wrote:
I have had pets with similar stories. (They took months to get used to me.) How long did it take to bond with your rabbit?

Unfortunately, when I first got him I was very uneducated about rabbits, so it took me a little while to realize they even COULD bond and such. It took a few months before he would stop being just downright mean. Even after that, it took about 4 additional months or so for him to stop biting and realize he liked being held and petted. So quite a while... I'd say altogether about 1/2 a year.

Time really flies though, so it doesn't feel like so long!

cassafrassa wrote:
Unfortunately, when I first got him I was very uneducated about rabbits, so it took me a little while to realize they even COULD bond and such. It took a few months before he would stop being just downright mean. Even after that, it took about 4 additional months or so for him to stop biting and realize he liked being held and petted. So quite a while... I'd say altogether about 1/2 a year.

Time really flies though, so it doesn't feel like so long!
Wow, that is a long time! But it sounds like your patience has really paid off! :)

Latest posts

Back