My first Dutch babys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PL-Reef

Reaction score
So this is my first time breeding my favorite bun "Mamma". As of this morning we have three new additions to the family. I thought I'd share some pics with everyone. So here you go!

Heres Momma.

dutchbabysday1003.jpg

The nest and babys.

dutchbabysday1001.jpg

dutchbabysday1002.jpg

Very Cute.... I cant wait until my dutch haves babies... Congrats... Hope everything will go good with the baby and momma.. :D

I just read in the thread above this one, that I should be removing the mother, and bring her in twice a day just for her to feed the babys. I've never read that before. I dont want the little ones to get neglected by mom. Right now they are all still in the same cage (mom & babys). Should I remove her?? The babys are under 4+ inches of fur. Will mom move it out to feed the babys? They are not crying but they are moving around.

You can leave her in there. ;) You do not need to remove her and put her back in. Some breeders do that when they have outdoor rabbits, they will bring the nest in and then bring in Mom to feed. Leave her in with the babies, though. She will move the fur to get to them to feed. ;)

Emily

The problem the other poster is having is with the mother attacking the babies. That is why it was recommended to take the babies away except for feedings.

You mom should nurse her babies just fine, and all the litters I have raised I have left the babies with the moms. Most breeders do except when there is a problem or if they are outside and it is very cold outside.

Mom will move the fur aside to nurse the babies and pull it back over them when she is done. If you want to see if she is, then put a piece of hay over the fur and check to see if it has moved over night.

Your babies are nice and fat, which means that mom should be feeding them lots :)

-Dawn

They look really nice! Please keep posting pictures :D

Maybe its better that Mamma only had 3 babies :) That way she wont be exhausted like some bunnie mammys!!

Very cute < 3

So adorable! Hee, hee....the little fat one looks like a babee piggie!

Congrats on your litter. I hope you keep up the photos so we can watch them grow!

Latest posts

Back