My does had a party today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showrabbits

Reaction score
Well I felt kind of bad. This week I have beenworking every night and my system got a little messed up. The onlyrabbits that got out to run this week were all of my bucks, actauly allof them got let out about five times each. OPPS they liked it but mydoes sure didnt like missing their turn. I relized this last night andI felt realy bad. My does were wanting to run soo much that theywouldnt even let me hold them, they wanted down first. SO today I wascleaning out some of the tools out of the garden and I realized how thegarden fence is five feet tall, and one foot under ground, all of thegarden is completely fenced in to keep rabbits out even my rabbits LOLsince they do run around that area, and I also realized that I use nochemicals and also none of the plants were bad for animals. Yeah I gota little distracted. I ran to the barn as fast as i could picked upMouse and Aj who were running lose at the time and ran back to thegarden and put them down. They were a little confused they looked at melike what are you doing you are crazy all summer you are busy tellingus to stay out LOL. Finally they decided to check it out and I ran backto the barn. I grabbed my wagon and grabbed Sophie and her seven 12pound grils and pulled them out to the garden. Well two of them jumpeddown while opening the garden door but luckly they just sat and munchedon batch of oat grass that I plant for them so once I unloaded the restof the family I put those too in the garden too. Mouse and Aj camerunning over and greeted them. I was happy to see that they got along.I figured they would since I socailize them with other does since theywere little since I didnt want any fights on the show table. I ran backto the barn and loaded up the wagon one more time and brought all of mybig ladies, and three of my six eight does out to the garden. All ofthe does were busy greeting each other and showing each other what theyfound. It was soo cute and they cleaned up my garden plants nicely. Itsa huge garden so they had tons of room to run and play withoutrestrictions. They were out all day and this evening they were wellready to go home because I went out to find them all snuggled up by thegarden gate. I guess that they wore themselves out because they let mepick them right up and take them home. There was almost afight though and it was with my one doe that is a realy meangirl toward me but I hoped that I could get her to bond with anotherrabbit so that way she can get interaction since she will not let mehandle her. It is sad because she was born here and was like that fromday one. Infact she is one of mouses baby and when she started to openher eyes when she was a babyshe was aggressive towards hersiblings. Its realy wierd but I was hopping that she had grown out ofit by now since she is year old. I broke it up when I saw that she hadthat stance and look about her but she latched onto my leg and sunk herteeth into the back of lower leg. My mom wanted me to go get stichessince her teeth went into my leg all of the way but it didnt hurt badenough to cry or anything and I got the bleeding stoped and I will geton antibiotics for it. I was pretty upset with this set back with herbecause I cant risk her with any other does and I cant handle herwithout welding stuff wich still isnt safe so I think I will have toput her down for safty reasons, I realy think that she is just crazy.But no need to worry about it just this second she has a big cage,(wich is locked) with toys and straw and I can close off half forcleaning and keep her in the other half then switch sides so she canhang out like that but sure isnt the happiest life. SIGHH.

I hope to get pictures posted. something funny did happen though. Ournaibor runs a hair cutting bussiness from her home, and their drivewaygoes by the garden well close enough to see any way. You should of seenthe people stop and look and then one person came back and showed hisfamily the big rabbits. It was pretty cool to see them all together andhaving fun though. I took notes of the ones that hung outwitheachother so that way next time they come out they can comeout together and play since they realy seem to be friends. It was funnybecause all of the light greys hung out with other light greys. And thesandies paired up with either the other sandies and one of them pairedup with the white doe but by the end of the day they all layed in a bigmass at the gate lol.

Hi Showrabbits,

[align=left]It sounds like a good time was had by all, except that onelittle witch that decided to bite you. Hope your leg ishealing well.[/align]

[align=left]I bet them cuddled up at the gate at the end of the night was a sight to see![/align]

lazybunns.JPG

-Carolyn

Back