My doe just gave birth! :D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebonytherabbit

Reaction score
OK well My doe gave me a wonderful birthday gift of some beautiful babies lol as it is my birthday today, well any way just wondering should I check to see how many kits she has now or wait in till the babies are moving around the hutch?

Give her the afternoon to calm down and clean and the initial feeding. But check them tonight!! I recommend getting a cardboard box, shoebox size and put some straw and extra fur in it. Take each baby out one at a time to verify they're moving. Apply a small bit of pressure on the sides of their stomach tout make sure they're feeding. Keep the under or unfed kits in a separate pile in your little cardboard box. After you count and verify that they're all alive, take some good pictures to post up here on the site, them replace them all in the needy box with the ones that needed feeding on top of the others, and replace the fur babk on them. Check in a couple times per day to make sure they're Alive and bundled together.

Remove any stillborn our dead kits as soon as you notice them. A litter here and there shouldn't lose many, but I'd you'll need on a regular basis, get it through your head now beforehand that you will lose some at some point. That way it doesn't take you off guard if it happens

Ebony is a first time mother so we are expecting a few deaths I'm gonna check this morn as she gave birth in the evening at about 7:30 pm and it was to dark to really see any thing sent I fed her and Gave her water and left her alone

Latest posts

Back