My doe built her nest a week ago. Still nothing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattie83

Reaction score
I dont know the exact due date for myy doe. I do know i took her to the vet the 8 of Apri. The vet said she was pregnant and said she was around 2 weeks give or take. That leaves me with a inaccurate due date. So she should technically be due. I dont know whether to take her to the vet or what. Any suggestiona? Ive read tums help lavender rasberry tea exercise. Ive done the exercise im just afraid to give her any of the other things. I just want her to be ok at this point.

Isn't the waiting game fun? :D

Just wait. Don't stress her by taking her to the vet, she's pregnant, maybe, not sick. That Tums thing is for making sure calcium levels don't run low short before giving birth, not a normal food supplement.

Did she pull fur when she built the nest?
Anyway, some does build hay nests before they are due, some just in time, that's no sure indicator. Mine pull fur just hours or right before kindling, if she did that back then it might have been a false pregnancy. Maybe, no sure sign for anything either.

There's nothing to do now than making sure she has a nestbox, food and no stress. Really, no stress. If you let her out in a run or so for exercise, keep that up, but check regularily that she doesn't build a nest somewhere else.

Mine lose appetite somewhat 1-2 days before kindling, just noiticeable. And they get tired more quickly when in the garden, digging and grazing, they take more rests.

She has been napping alot all sprawled out. She has not pulled any fur at all. She has stayed out of her nesting box until today she was in there eating some of the hay, she had not gone into it since Friday. I will hold off on the vet. She has juat turned 6 mths so shes still young and this is all new to ne and her.

Back